User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any honest opinions on my game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Any honest opinions on my game?

I started working on a game 2 weeks ago and I'd say it's a good game, but I want other people's opinions.
    Game: https://gamejolt.com/games/OSPG/459441
    (Also, if any of you have sound tips, then, well, give em' to me)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It enjoyable
    I did find the jump a little frustrating because of the floating effect. Yet, if it's a deliberate feature, it certainly is a challenge. Nice pixel work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks . I wasn't sure if this was the right forum. I would like to give credit to the guy who's art I took lol https://rottingpixels.itch.io/.
    Anyways, I used the platform movement object, would you recommend raising the gravity?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    downloaded it but i think the screen maximized too much for my laptop screen as half the words are off the top left & the guys just walks from left to right at the bottom & i couldn't click anything to get it working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh really? What's the screen resolution of your laptop. I know clickteam is designed for game less than 1920x1080, so I might turn on some resolution settings.
    I just updated it so you can install it and try again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xdste View Post
    Wow thanks . I wasn't sure if this was the right forum. I would like to give credit to the guy who's art I took lol https://rottingpixels.itch.io/.
    Anyways, I used the platform movement object, would you recommend raising the gravity?
    Yes, I would play with the gravity setting. The floating sensation is because the gravity is too low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done, but the furthest I could go is 34 gravity, which combined with my other settings, works well.
    I have already built levels that are based around the low gravity, so I hope it suits your needs.
    (The setings apply in the next release)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be honest, the game graphically is very good but in terms of programming and gameplay it needs some adjustments to make it look better, but I see you are new to the forum and I suppose that also with Clickteam Fusion so if it is from your first projects it's very good.
    You only need some adjustments and details, for example that dust appears when the character is running, some effect when dying for the spikes and also killing the enemy, just some recommendations, not really necessary. Personally, the details make the difference.

About the resolution problem, you can make the game adapt to your screen resolution, simply by touching some values in the application properties, I recommend you to use "Ultimate Fullscreen" extension (I don't know if it works with the standard version of Clickteam Fusion, I hope it does).

I attached two examples with different resolutions so you can see how they adapt to your computer screen resolution.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good Start

This is a cool start. Chararcter selection and tileset are nice to look at and you might want to add some paralax scrolling layers into the foreground and background mix to give this more depth. Did you create the player cause I like the character selection bit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I'm replying to SergioAndre & DJFuego)

SergioAndre:
    Yes! this is exactly what I want to hear. Despite my community join date, I have had CTF 2.5 since the summer and have researched plenty of extensions, so I'm familiar with ultimate fullscreen. But the reason I'm not using it is that you lose the header, which I feel like it makes the game feel light-weight. The particles for running, spikes, etc. is one of my main goals, but since I didn't make the art https://rottingpixels.itch.io/ I'm a little restricted. But making simple dust and slime blobs should be no problem... I hope lol.
    I forgot to add this, but this is my 3rd project.

DJFuego:
    Thank you! and I already have paralax scrolling but since the backgrounds are simple you can't really notice it. I'll increase it. I didn't make the art. https://rottingpixels.itch.io/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast