Thread: Audio samples not playing accurately with mouse clicks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audio samples not playing accurately with mouse clicks

Hello all,
    New user question here. I am making an educational music application and simply want the user to be able to click an image of an instrument on the frame to create their own rhythms. I have set this up fine however when performing quicker rhythms (quicker mouse clicks) only every other click seems to be registered (or only every sample seems to play) - thus this breaks the point of the application as users can't truly tap out their own rhythms accurately.

As a side note I have tried assigning the sample to be triggered by a computer key and this works perfectly. Also, I have tried using Wav, MP3 and Ogg files with no change. This issues happens when running the app inside Fusion and when exporting to a .exe file.

I would be immensely grateful of any ideas to help resolve this issue as this type of application is primarily why I purchased Fusion 2.5.

Thanks to you all and kind regards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Don, Is it possible to post a basic mfa example of your problem, users could hear and experience the issue you are facing and trial a way to solve it. I could give a bunch of solutions, yet I don’t know if there already implemented in your mfa. Could you do one with keyboard and the one with mouse click to compare. Ps. doesn’t have to be your whole project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    Hi Don, Is it possible to post a basic mfa example of your problem, users could hear and experience the issue you are facing and trial a way to solve it. I could give a bunch of solutions, yet I don’t know if there already implemented in your mfa. Could you do one with keyboard and the one with mouse click to compare. Ps. doesn’t have to be your whole project.
    Hello aenever!
    Thanks so much for your reply. I have attached the MFA.. has this worked ok? Or do I somehow need to do a self contained save where the associated audio files etc are embedded in the session? I have only included the version with the mp3 audio as the Wav audios took the file size upload over the 1mb limit. The note is on the bottom C of the Glockenspiel. You will run it and notice that quick multiple presses aren't triggering the audio accurately to create rhythms that associate with the mouse clicks. When mapped to a keyboard key, the presses are accurately triggering the audio.

I appreciate your patience - I truly do. Thanks for your help.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the best result is to convert your sound files to ogg. In my experience shorter sounds are handled much better in ogg. I could be wrong yet I also find that playing files on loop even if you only need them once helps them reboot faster when called. I could be imagining that, yet play with my example and see what you think. I believe the last frame example (frame 6) works best. PS it might also pay to have your sounds on different channels because of the variety of sounds and because you'll want some of them playing at the same time. I'd be interested to hear if you think the 6th frame works to what you wanted to achieve. Audacity is a great free program to convert to ogg and to cut out any silence before your sound files.

Glock project mfa trial fix.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    I'd say the best result is to convert your sound files to ogg. In my experience shorter sounds are handled much better in ogg. I could be wrong yet I also find that playing files on loop even if you only need them once helps them reboot faster when called. I could be imagining that, yet play with my example and see what you think. I believe the last frame example (frame 6) works best. PS it might also pay to have your sounds on different channels because of the variety of sounds and because you'll want some of them playing at the same time. I'd be interested to hear if you think the 6th frame works to what you wanted to achieve. Audacity is a great free program to convert to ogg and to cut out any silence before your sound files.

Glock project mfa trial fix.mfa
    Hi Aenever - thanks a lot for your response and suggestions. I will have a look at trying these tips when I next have a free moment. Will drop another reply with how I get on. Thanks again to you. :- )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Brandonmaster View Post
    Hi Aenever - thanks a lot for your response and suggestions. I will have a look at trying these tips when I next have a free moment. Will drop another reply with how I get on. Thanks again to you. :- )
    Hi again! So I think I have partly figured out a workaround...

I notice than it doesn't seem to like simultaneous left clicks. When I click the right mouse button, after a left click, it seems to "reset" the ability to then press and trigger the sound gain with the left mouse button. (I tried hammering both mouse buttons at the same time and this allowed the left click to trigger the sound at quick speeds perfectly)

Do you know of a way that I can simulate a right click immediately after the actual left click? I'm sorry if this is tricky to understand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again! So I think I have partly figured out a workaround...

I notice than it doesn't seem to like simultaneous left clicks. When I click the right mouse button, after a left click, it seems to "reset" the ability to then press and trigger the sound gain with the left mouse button. (I tried hammering both mouse buttons at the same time and this allowed the left click to trigger the sound at quick speeds perfectly)

Do you know of a way that I can simulate a right click immediately after the actual left click? I'm sorry if this is tricky to understand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found this - but have no idea how to implement it. Simulating a right mouse click straight after the user's left click could possibly solve the problem!

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/91657-Is-it-possible-to-simulate-a-button-click

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've read this post very quickly, so I'm not sure if what I say will help you, but when you quickly click the left mouse button, the second time it will send a double-click event instead of a single click, so have you tried to add a "User double-clicks" condition to intercept double-clicks too?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thinking Yves, I’ve used that idea in the past. I’m sure that will solve it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast