Thread: "Build and run" option greyed out

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Build and run" option greyed out

Hello,

I've been trying to build my html game, but have encountered an issue. While I can build it normally, I am unable to select the "build and run" option, as it is greyed out and unclickable. Besides this problem, the editor has worked fine. I am on mac, and running the free version of ctf2.5 via wine.

Although I've tried to host my game via the normal build option, I'm unable to get sounds and music to work, so I would rather see what I can do with this option.

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi @tnw

I'm not honestly sure what is causing that issue but my guess is that it is related to Wine. If I understand correctly, you're manually running Fusion Free exe through Wine, is that right?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I believe I'm running the free mac .app, which uses wine. It may be virtually the same thing as running the free .exe through wine. One thing that I've found is that if I host the built html with netlify, the game runs in chrome without sound. But if I click the "site information" (lock icon in chrome's search bar) and then click out of it, the sound starts to play.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah. The Mac .app version is the one to run, it has been adapted to work optimally on Mac, through Wine, compared with just running the exe version. I think the Build and Run option may be grayed out due to compatibility issues, but I will check with our development team and come back to you.

HTML5 apps have to be hosted to run them, as part of the security policy of HTML5. There may be a setting in Chrome which is not allowing sound to play by default, you should check your browser configuration (I know under FireFox this is labelled as "Site Settings").

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've just been told Mac does not support build and run, so you'll need to host these yourself. If you get a FTP program like FileZilla you can have it monitor a folder for changes and automatically upload newer files... so you could set this up for your web host, so that when you build it automatically uploads your new build and then you can just refresh in your browser when it's done

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out... it's just the browser blocking auto-play of audio, and when you enable it and reload, it's fixed. Thanks for the help though