Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to make my app change text strings. A certain one won't change

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Trying to make my app change text strings. A certain one won't change

I'm prototyping an idea in an application. In one frame, I made it so that you can open a door but completing a mission in a choice of two. A) Find the key to Bobby's house or B) drop a wrecking ball on him at Sue's request. I want the resulting text strings/NPC Dialogue to change depending on what you do. There's a good counter and a bad counter. The good one increases by 1 when you do Bobby's mission and the other one increases when you do Sue's mission. I want the dialogue to change when Bobby's mission is done. This is the problem: I managed to get it to change text strings whenever you give Bobby the key, but Sue's text string won't change whenever I talk to her after giving Bobby the key. The text string just won't show up on the screen. I check the debugger and when I talk to Sue after giving Bobby the key, the debugger, under "text to display", gives me the previous text string for when she gives you the mission, AKA the text string that's supposed to be destroyed when you give Bobby the key. And not that, nor the text string you're supposed to get displays on-screen. Keep in mind this is only happening with Sue, as you can see in the screenshots below. I attached screens of my code below, but I can't figure out how to attach the applications MFA file. I played around with the app trying to fix this issue, to no avail. Just what is going on?
    Attachment 28209
    Attachment 28210
    Attachment 28211
    Attachment 28212
    Attachment 28213
    Attachment 28214
    Attachment 28215
    Attachment 28216

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you click the button - Go Advanced - then there's a paperclip that will allow you to attach a .mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Here's the MFA. The issue is on Frame 3. I made some additions to the frame since making the last post, specifically, adding an enemy and a buggy Health Meter (Max value is 10, min value is 0, set to destroy the player character when it reaches 0, I make it subtract 1 from the counter when hit by the bullet but it seems to be subtracting random number, and I know because after I noticed it was taking fewer hits than it should, I set the counter to number, got hit, and it went from 10 to 7).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In line 42 and 43 you need to add a special condition (right click, insert and choose from the cog - limit conditions) 'Only one action when event loops'. What happens without a 'Only one action when event loops' it is that the event triggers repeatedly. If you add it however the event will trigger only once for each bullet fired.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! That fixed the health meter issue. All that’s left is the text string issue. Speaking of which, I have an update on that. Remember how when I said that when I talked to Sue at a specific point, the debugger displays the text it’s not supposed to display, but it doesn’t show up on-screen. I triggered that, went back to Bobby, guess where the text was? That’s right, above him.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check line 16 and 17. I changed your code so that your good counter will only reach 1. The way you had it set up with each click on the NPC it increased the counter by 1; therefore on the second and consecutive clicks the value surpassed 1. My fix limits the value to 1.

Prototype06 fixed.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Now we have another problem. It's not displaying the first two paragraphs. They are "I can't believe you decided to help Bobby instead of me. HE DROPPED A BUCKET OF WATER ON MY HEAD!" and "Why do you gotta be all Mrs-Goody-Two-Shoes?".

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click on the string object - under Runtime Options - tick the block : Follow the Frame under scrolling options.
    That should fix it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That didn't work. I did manage to make Sue's dialogue skip to the second paragraph instead of the third or forth but I still can't get it to display the right paragraph. It's supposed to display all paragraphs, not skip the first one. Also, for some reason, Bobby's last text line is appearing above Sue, too.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which frame are you talking about?

Take Frame 3 for example:

Lines 16 + 17 are both true at the same time. So they will both trigger and both their commands will run.

Lines 15 + 19 are both true at the same time - because you're using the same Flag 0. So while you're talking to the one - the conversation of the other is also advancing. You need to give each one its own flag.

You are erasing / destroying objects - which means they're no longer there.

Then you're making an object visible - reappear in line 18 - which might have been destroyed in line 17 - so it won't reappear - it's gone. You have to make it invisible in line 17 in order to make it reappear - or if you destroy something then you have to use the create it again when you need it.

(The conversation with Sue was working correctly with the .mfa that aenever uploaded - if you first spoke to Bobby and then to Sue - and if you ticked the "follow the frame" button on.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast