Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about Fusion 2.5+

Hi,

I have two questions about the dlc.

First, is there a fullscreen mode included or still using ultimate fullscreen.mdx?

Second, is firefly effected by DirectX 11? Is there a performance or visual improvement in comparision with DirectX 9?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a default Fullscreen mode you can set your apps to. You can switch between Windowed and Fullscreen mode under the Storyboard controls. You can still use Ultimate Fullscreen, Window Control, or the Storyboard controls to change the frame size.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, there is no "Good" fullscreen. The thing is the basic fullscreen implemented directly into the fusion engine is not that good. You still need to use "Ultimate Fullscreen" if you want a better quality fullscreen sadly.

There is a but: CF2.5+ is really insane in therm of fluidity and it helps A LOT with the workflow when you cannot find the things that make the application lag! So it's worth it if you want to optimize your game!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    is there a fullscreen mode
    No change for DX9. The full screen mode is also in DX11 mode though it's a fake full screen mode for the moment (= the resolution is not changed, the app is stretched).

is firefly effected by DirectX 11
    Firefly is executed in DX9 mode, no change.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate Fullscreen is really for making lower than native resolution games resized to borderless fullscreen mode without blur, I think what we're all waiting for is exclusive fullscreen mode at native resolution, but UFS would still be needed to make anything that isn't native resolution appear without blur. I believe DX11 is just borderless fullscreen, whether we'll ever get native exclusive fullscreen mode is up to futher development of 2.5+.

Firefly is dx9 only I believe, but I'd wait a bit longer on Firefly until it resumes development later this year, it has some pretty big bugs that need fixing if you want to do anything serious with it, and eventually they may include dx11 support (who knows).

2.5+ is totally worth it for other things like:
    * The advanced Find tool. The old Find tool is practically broken in comparison to the new tool, it's absolutely indispensable and is everything Find should have been all along.
    *Global event list and global event qualifiers. You can put all of your engine code in one place and reuse it on every frame. You can also decide the ordering of global/frame/behaviour execution, which is incredibly useful when working with one reusable base of engine events.
    *Child events. Now Fusion is on par with actual programming, and if you're used to working with code, it's much easier to write events as nested {if} statements.

I can't imagine going back to 2.5 now after being so used to the advantages of 2.5+, but as always, Fusion is absolutely backwards compatible, so you can stay with dx9 if you want, or disable Optimise Events. Definitely consider upgrading if you can.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Now Fusion is on par with actual programming
    I'm not sure about that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    I'm not sure about that.
    Close enough.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    No change for DX9. The full screen mode is also in DX11 mode though it's a fake full screen mode for the moment (= the resolution is not changed, the app is stretched).
    @Yves I don't know what you guys have changed recently, but the DX11 fullscreen works finally as I need actually. My screens are 1920x1200, and my app is in 1920x1080.
    Previously, it was "weirdly" stretched out in fullscreen DX11, leading to ugly pixel display. But since last patch, I was happy to have a nice display in fullscreen on my screen : the picture is not stretched, the app limits its display nicely in 1920x1080 with black strips on top and above. That's what I hoped for a long time !
    I just hope you will keep this option when you implement true fullscreen display.

options_fullscreen.png