User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any news about firefly's future?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post
    we have about 30 working world editors and you can use normal movements in firefly already
    Meant to quote reply to this, is there a page that lists these editors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on this page it lists all the formats firefly uses

if we choose a few and google them we get no end of world editors

even if we do just 1

Quake 3 Levels

you get q3.jpg

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've personally tried the Irrlicht Scene format and it does not work. So I'm suspicious of this list.

Many of these are model formats, not world formats. From experience again, Firefly only partially supports them: just as once example, it only loads the first object found in a FBX or X file (can't remember which), not the entire object tree, so that format was useless for worlds.

It does seem to import many FBX character models just fine, in the Animated Mesh object.

Quake level editors are also basically a non-starter because of their intensely game-specific configuration. This is another format I've also personally tried to get working and been unable to.

The bottom line is that Firefly has no actually fully supported world editor with a complete tutorial. If there is a format it happens to fully support, it's hard to find. So this is still a problem in my opinion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    I've personally tried the Irrlicht Scene format and it does not work. So I'm suspicious of this list.

Many of these are model formats, not world formats. From experience again, Firefly only partially supports them: just as once example, it only loads the first object found in a FBX or X file (can't remember which), not the entire object tree, so that format was useless for worlds.

It does seem to import many FBX character models just fine, in the Animated Mesh object.

Quake level editors are also basically a non-starter because of their intensely game-specific configuration. This is another format I've also personally tried to get working and been unable to.

The bottom line is that Firefly has no actually fully supported world editor with a complete tutorial. If there is a format it happens to fully support, it's hard to find. So this is still a problem in my opinion.
    It's a shame Firefly is dead. Even a editor like Sketchup would be far superior than any Quake 3 editor (well, in level designing at least).

I've only tried importing models before, was hoping to wait for updates before actually creating a game in it, but seems it's just dead now. A shame since Firefly could've been a cool way to create Dungeon crawlers and more, nothing fancy (unless you baked in high quality textures with amazing lighting for visuals).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    It's a shame Firefly is dead. Even a editor like Sketchup would be far superior than any Quake 3 editor (well, in level designing at least).

I've only tried importing models before, was hoping to wait for updates before actually creating a game in it, but seems it's just dead now. A shame since Firefly could've been a cool way to create Dungeon crawlers and more, nothing fancy (unless you baked in high quality textures with amazing lighting for visuals).

Try this https://bitmapimpact.itch.io/lvl-edit

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame, you pay something 1 years later dead, and then new dlc out you pay it boom dead and again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2