User Tag List

Thread: Admob app-ads.txt implementation urgent

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Admob app-ads.txt implementation urgent

I just received this email from admob
    "
    Protect your apps with app-ads.txt
    Learn how to set up and implement app-ads.txt
    What is app-ads.txt?
    App-ads.txt is a simple, flexible, and secure method for app publishers and distributors to fight ad fraud by declaring authorized sellers for their inventory.
    Developed by the IAB Tech Lab, the standard is a way to secure your inventory and ensure advertiser spend is reaching the intended publisher.
    Similar to robots.txt, app-ads.txt can only be posted to a developer’s domain by the app developer’s webmaster, making it valid and authentic.

Advertisers are opting out of apps without an app-ads.txt file
    When will advertisers opt out?
    Some agencies and buyers have already stopped spending on apps without app-ads.txt files and others are expected to follow.
    What does it mean to you?
    As more advertisers require an app-ads.txt files, it is important that you publish an app-ads.txt file on your developer domain found in your Play and App Store listing to avoid missing out on revenue. Ensure your file does not contain any errors or typos.
    If your file is missing or contains errors, your ad serving will be at risk of getting skipped by buyers as files published will be regarded as the source of truth for enforcement.
    Setting up your app-ads.txt file
    It is important to ensure your app-ads.txt file is set up correctly, as errors may result in unintentional revenue loss.
    Get started with app-ads.txt:
    1. Create the app-ads.txt file using the Authorized Sellers for Apps specification provided by the IAB.
    2. Get your personalized code snippet, which includes your publisher ID:
    • Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
    • Click Apps in the sidebar.
    • Click View all apps.
    • Click the app-ads.txt tab.
    • Click “How to set up app-ads.txt”.
    3. Copy and paste your personalized code snippet into your app-ads.txt file.
    4. Publish your file on the root of your developer website as listed on Google Play or the App Store. For example, example.com/app-ads.tx

Does anyone have any idea on how to implement this ? It is mentioned that ad revenue will go up if this is implemented .. do i have to implement this inside the apk file that i publish ?
    Please help ! Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    seems clear in your list of steps

4. Publish your file on the root of your developer website as listed on Google Play or the App Store. For example, example.com/app-ads.tx

The website URL is the same you use to point your url policy statement.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright thanks Fernando ! I panicked there a bit but now i have replace and rehosted the whole website and implemented the file ,now im crossing my fingers and waiting to see if revenue goes up

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good luck and your income increase!

(like a mantra sound)
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the same thing.

Was reading the guide, and got lost.. so skipped straight to Admob, and clicked the link..
    It was very easy lol.
    Uploaded it to the root of my domain from my website, and it should work... (I hope) . Will check again tomorrow.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be working fine. it's showing "app-ads.txt file found and verified"