User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WebView / WebControl objects - IE control issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WebView / WebControl objects - IE control issue

Well, I discovered something really weird and so bad that it gotta be a bug...

I looks like from the transition of Fusion 2.0 to 2.5 something have changed breaking any kind of page loading extension (WebView, Web Control Object, even ActiveX elements)
    Some pages will break because javascript is disabled and these extensions will run in Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility View instead of using the normal IE or Edge engine.
    Phi and I was discussing about this on Discord, and we found out that in Fusion 2.5 the WebView extension was loading correctly, with JS and using Edge's engine (although it thinks it's on windows 8 instead of 10, and using an older version of Edge)
    But on Fusion 2.5, it's broken. He tested the older WebView version (1.30) on Fusion 2.5, but the problem persists.
    I believe that some change in Fusion 2.5 broke it, because it doesn't seem to be a problem with those extensions.

It could also be the reason some people complained about WebView in the past, as seem here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103476-Fusion-2-5-Browser-quot-Web-View-Object-quot

Here's the test, Fusion 2.5:
    unknown (2).png unknown (3).png
    unknown (1).png

Now Fusion 2.0:
    unknown (4).png
    unknown.png

As you can see, something is broken.
    All these pages work normally in any browser in the computer, IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox...
    Disabling firewall and antivirus does not change it.

Please, this needs to be fixed...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuriokun View Post
    Well, I discovered something really weird and so bad that it gotta be a bug...

I looks like from the transition of Fusion 2.0 to 2.5 something have changed breaking any kind of page loading extension (WebView, Web Control Object, even ActiveX elements)
    Some pages will break because javascript is disabled and these extensions will run in Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility View instead of using the normal IE or Edge engine.
    Phi and I was discussing about this on Discord, and we found out that in Fusion 2.5 the WebView extension was loading correctly, with JS and using Edge's engine (although it thinks it's on windows 8 instead of 10, and using an older version of Edge)
    But on Fusion 2.5, it's broken. He tested the older WebView version (1.30) on Fusion 2.5, but the problem persists.
    I believe that some change in Fusion 2.5 broke it, because it doesn't seem to be a problem with those extensions.

It could also be the reason some people complained about WebView in the past, as seem here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103476-Fusion-2-5-Browser-quot-Web-View-Object-quot

Here's the test, Fusion 2.5:
    unknown (2).png unknown (3).png
    unknown (1).png

Now Fusion 2.0:
    unknown (4).png
    unknown.png

As you can see, something is broken.
    All these pages work normally in any browser in the computer, IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox...
    Disabling firewall and antivirus does not change it.

Please, this needs to be fixed...
    Those objects don't depend on anything in Fusion, they are totally independent. No change in Fusion could explain what you say.

He tested the older WebView version (1.30) on Fusion 2.5, but the problem persists.
    Make sure he removed the Unicode version and then restart Fusion 2.5 before testing the old non-Unicode version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you can test yourself. There's a problem that makes any WebView pratically useless on Windows, nobody seem to know what causes this, it's 1000% reproducible, and nobody seem to care.
    I have a lot of ideas that depend on WebView working, going back to 2.0 just because of this is insanity.
    Barelly giving up on software development using Fusion because of this... I love doing things Fusion's way, but this is a absurd limitation.

If Fusion isn't causing this, at least explain why in Fusion 2.0 it works and in Fusion 2.5 don't, on the same computer.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    mm not fully understand this page reflect the same results in edge and webview2

Capture1.PNG

all test conducted with edge and windows 10, as you may see there results are the same inside webview and edge.

Fusion version 292.22 and latest webview2 object version
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando, It didn't worked on my computer and Phi's computer.
    I have no idea what causes this, but for Phi it worked on Fusion 2.0 but not on 2.5

We have to know what causes this, or people can build broken apps that work on their pcs but not on others!

Testing the same mfa as yours:

Anotação 2020-02-04 125332.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fuuriokun open the regedit.exe
    - type this path -> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULA TION
    - right click
    - new
    - DWORD (and set exe name of your fusion app - value set to 11001 - and check decimal)
    - run your exe

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...wser_emulation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Manuel surprisingly this works, but why some computers don't ever need to set this once, and some need to add this for each and every application?? It makes no sense

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me its also like for you, only works when i set it. Maybe its because we use steam version and steam blocks something, but i dont know

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Fuuriokun the objects does this each time start, are you sure you have latest version
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about steam somehow blocking it...
    @Fernando Yes, I'm using Fusion 2.5+ Developer Build R292.22, already tried reinstaling and updating the extension, it's on 2.1
    The folder didn't even existed here, creating it did not fixed, I added an dword with the name "*" so it works with all apps...

But there must be a better way, people make softwares for companies with Fusion, having to mess with Registry Keys shouldn't be a thing...

Edit: I was testing Process Monitor and this appered on registry, added by WebView, but it still doesn't work.

Anotação 2020-02-04 143425.png

The ones above look to be the legacy names of the Fusion windows runtime, this is the full list of newer runtime executables, it looks like Fusion 2.5 randomly(?) picks one of these:

Anotação 2020-02-04 143651.png

Adding all the runtime executables, fixed it.
    SO, it was somewhat Fusion's fault, it did changed something, new executables was added, I don't know why exactly but...
    (it looks like it may be different runtimes, like screensaver, but in my computer it seem to almost ever run Windows runtime with edrtex.exe)

Both WebView and Web Control Object (and maybe others that need to add FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION to the regitry) need to be updated for the new executable variants.
    Also, would be nice if in the extension we could select with browser it would emulate

Edit2: It looks like closing the apps also deletes the whole folder in the registry, which breaks the temporary "fix"
    And it looks like it uses edrt.exe only when "Compress the runtime is enabled"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast