User Tag List

Thread: Need help with this circular platform movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with this circular platform movement.

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a platform that rotates around a pivot point. The problem (I think) I'm having is the PMO object doesn't set the X/Y Additional Velocity in floats, so the player object slides around the platform. It will stand on top of it, it just slides left and right.
    Any help or advice you can offer so the player stands in place no matter where they land on top of the platform would be greatly appreciated!

What I'm essentially trying to do is this platform movement seen at 1:37:55 in this video. Below is the MFA for what I have.

https://youtu.be/Vxg5eOPmzHI?t=5875

CirclePlatformBase.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would turn a flag on when the player lands on the platform.if flag is on it sets the player position to be relative to the action point of the platform. then turn the flag off when you jump off. . Something like that. can maybe run a fastloop to make that all happen starting it when you land on platform.
    I am not real good with loops yet so just sharing the idea and hope it helps.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour voila pour vous un exemple qui a plus de 30 ans.
    Hello, here is an example for you that is over 30 years old.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitaineCaverne View Post
    Bonjour voila pour vous un exemple qui a plus de 30 ans.
    Hello, here is an example for you that is over 30 years old.
    Damn I remember this example.. are you Christophe? I think I still do have a variation of a Super Mario engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @c4t and @CapitaineCaverne ! I ended up finding a pretty simple solution with the Position Controller Object and changing my Y positioning code. Since I know I always want the player on top of the platform, I modified the action to always position 1 pixel above the Y Top of the platform and removed the complex velocity calculation. Then I added conditions to detect if the player is beyond the left/right edge to cancel this out so they can fall.

For the X positioning, the PCO has an attach function that did the trick perfectly. When the player jumps or falls it just runs the detach action and all is well.

Attached is the example for anyone who may find it useful.

CirclePlatformBase.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your platform and player are both boxes, there is no need for an extra extension or fastlooping. You can record the X and Y delta position of the platform after it has moved and store it in values. Do a box-to-box intersect test, and if a platform intersects the player, add the platform's delta position to the player's position. This will give you perfect "push out" collision for a platform moving at any speed. To ride a platform you store the platform's ID when the player first overlaps it during the player's actual movement (the PMO overlap test in this example). Then, after the platform has moved, and if its Y delta is >= 0 (our intersect push handles platforms moving us up already ) we add the platform's delta so the player follows along.

Here's an example. It handles any platform with Group.Shifting Blocks qualifier. The platforms require the alterable values:

-right
    -left
    -bottom
    -x delta
    -y delta

The player requires the alterable value "platformID."

Pay attention to the comments and ordering of the groups. If you don't mind the ordering the system will break. This method isn't super fancy; the platforms can push you into other platforms/obstacles! So take care to place them in ways this won't be a problem.
    Attached files Attached files