User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrolling problem - Objects vibrate when we move around the stage

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Scrolling problem - Objects vibrate when we move around the stage

Hi!

I have a problem with scrolling, when we move around the stage objects vibrate and don't move correctly and smoothly, it is very annoying and makes the game lose immersion.

I don't know if this is a recent problem or has always been and I didn't noticed it until now, but it's something that should be fixed. Making a game in which you move around the stage and the objects vibrate in this way is unacceptable.

I attached an example where you can see the problem.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this example you can see more clearly the vibration.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the physics of your spaceship that's doing this - it's never static and your frame is centred on it - that way your frame is always jittery.

The only solution I can think of is to create a static object to centre the frame on - that isn't part of the physics - and to move that object independently, to be more or less in the same area as your spaceship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    It's the physics of your spaceship that's doing this - it's never static and your frame is centred on it - that way your frame is always jittery.
    It's what I had thought then I tried with custom and basic movements but the problem persists, so it's not because of the physics.

I'm not sure what the problem is but it seems like Clickteam Fusion didn't make a correct interpolation of movement between pixels, then it goes from one pixel to another in a jump and this makes the tracking jittery and not smooth as it should be.

Just a guess, I really don't know about it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scrolling in Fusion is generally smooth - However, in your example you have a virtual width of 50 000 and virtual height of 50 000. It seems like Fusion is tiling the backdrops somehow to make them fit - but doing it badly - they don't exactly line up. And then every now and again those backdrops shift slightly - which are creating the effects we can see.

I don't know if you've hit some kind of limitation with the size Fusion can handle - or if there is a bug with the quick backdrop - I have a game with 720 x 10 000 - but I laid out the backgrounds myself - and it works smoothly - it's also not using the quick backdrop but an actual picture - backdrop object - which I tiled myself to make sure that it is seamless.

I've also never seen this with all the platform scrolling examples in the forums - there again, the people have laid out the backgrounds themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever I do, whether using backdrops, quick-backdrops, actives... assembling the backgrounds myself, reducing the frame size, the virtual frame, using physic movements, without physics, built-in movements, etc, the problem is still there!

This is something independent of what we do or what objects we use, when you move through the frame it ALWAYS look jittery!

I can't find a solution, I tried everything I could. Hope someone can provide a solution, I really can't make a game with this problem, it looks very unprofessional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if "volCAMERA" from @Volnaiskra will help me, it looks quite complex for what I want, I just need a camera that always centers on the object and moves smoothly.

I would like someone from Clickteam to answer me, Why is this happening? Is there a solution?... I don't understand how at this point this problem hasn't been solved. I think it is extremely important.

Maybe Volnaiskra can also give me a hand, I don't know if buying "volCAMERA" will be the solution, but I would definitely pay for a very basic example that does only what I need.

I really need your help guys, I'm going seriously with a game and I would like to solve this problem first.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could get smooth scrolling by using 8 direction movement and turning on Vsync in the display properties - however, I understand that doesn't help you.

The person you need to ask if this is something that can be fixed is @Yves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves Please, I would like you to review this problem and tell me what it can be. From what I see and based on all tests I did, this seems to be a Clickteam Fusion problem.

I would like to know if you are aware of this and if there is any way to solve it. Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry I've very very little time to look at this kind of issues right now.

It's probably due to rounding issues due to the X/Ycoefficients you use in the various layers, as the positions of objects in Fusion are integer values. We can't change this in 2.5 I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast