User Tag List

Thread: String size restriction (so the text never get out of the box)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

String size restriction (so the text never get out of the box)

Hello everybody,

I'd like to prevent my string object from adjusting to text size. I need to use the string object for multiple reasons.

I use it to dynimacally display texts. These texts can change therefore, be longer or shorter. I display my string object overlapping some other objects that never move. If the text becomes too long, I don't want it to overflow from the static object.

So, how can I restrain the text to the string box size ?

Thanks in advance for your answers =)

String size restriction (so the text never get out of the box).mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could restrain the size of the text with the Left$() function if you know the max number of characters.
    But at the end I see no reason to not use alternative text objects like the Edit Box, the Rich Edit Object, or the Active System Box. Those with the correct settings can display text without overflow and may be more powerfull and flexible than the String Object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you're completely right... I remeber I used to test these objects but they didn't fit my needs. At least, that's what I thought... The major issue was that hey would always display "in front" or that they couldn't be clickable, but neither is the string object.

Following your answer I tried Active System Box again and it seems to perfectly suits the requirements of my project.

Thank you for your answer. I'll come back here if needed, as I don't know a lot about these objects.