User Tag List

Thread: Detect if mouse hovering over 2 of the same object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detect if mouse hovering over 2 of the same object

When you click on this object, it'll pull up a menu on that specific object, so if you have two of them in in the same spot, I don't want it to pull up the menu when you're hovering other both because than it'll mess it up.

How do I stop it from pulling it up when the mouse is on both objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKooker View Post
    When you click on this object, it'll pull up a menu on that specific object, so if you have two of them in in the same spot, I don't want it to pull up the menu when you're hovering other both because than it'll mess it up.

How do I stop it from pulling it up when the mouse is on both objects?
    Iím not at my pc, so I canít confirm this idea. As long as mouse over an object can be negated it should work. Have you tried to use - mouse is over object A, as well as mouse is over object B (negated) = bring up menu. Therefore the condition will only be true if mouse is over object A, as long as itís also not over object B.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    I’m not at my pc, so I can’t confirm this idea. As long as mouse over an object can be negated it should work. Have you tried to use - mouse is over object A, as well as mouse is over object B (negated) = bring up menu. Therefore the condition will only be true if mouse is over object A, as long as it’s also not over object B.
    It's the same group, and some of them are also the same item, so that won't work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could add another group or groups to distinguish between the objects. That is when you say group you mean qualifiers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you put up an example I’m certain there’ll be a solution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could do something with a foreach loop when mouse is over your group of objects, and have the loop add to a value (that you reset before the loop is called) and check if the value is > 1.

Always
    -set value to 0

Mouse is over group
    -start foreach loop "count" for group

On foreach loop "count"
    -add 1 to value

Value = 1
    -display info

If you play with this you could even work out a way to let the player cycle between multiple objects with a button instead of ignoring them when they overlap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casleziro View Post
    You could do something with a foreach loop when mouse is over your group of objects, and have the loop add to a value (that you reset before the loop is called) and check if the value is > 1.

Always
    -set value to 0

Mouse is over group
    -start foreach loop "count" for group

On foreach loop "count"
    -add 1 to value

Value = 1
    -display info

If you play with this you could even work out a way to let the player cycle between multiple objects with a button instead of ignoring them when they overlap.
    it worked, thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also managed to make the objects cycle when you click them!! Awesome!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear, was it hard to implement the objects cycling when they are clicked? Do you mind sharing how you achieved it.