User Tag List

Thread: User-input number in android app?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User-input number in android app?

I'm trying to create a writer's goal-setting android app where the user can put in a goal number ("Write X words"), and then the app will track their progress. I want the user to be able to select a box (right now I have a counter there, but a different object might be better), type in any number they want, and then the app will store that number as a value (so it can compare the daily progress input until the user has reached their goal). I'm not sure how to get it to do that, however. Any help?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use an edit box - if the player clicks in it, it auto pops-up a keyboard. The player can type in any number in it. Then you can save it in an ini file - where you can retrieve it again. You'd have to check that it's a value though - or do something so that if the player types a letter instead of a number it doesn't crash everything. If you're just displaying it, then it won't matter.

Another option would be to have up and down arrows next to a counter and if the user taps them - it increases or decreases the counter. You can save the value of the counter into the ini file - and retrieve it from there again. That way you're sure that they will be using a number. (But it might get tedious if they need to add a lot of days.)