User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Google Play Games object no longer working since a few days ago.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    mm thanks for the info i had been working today in new version updating all code and libs, when ready i will send you by OM for you to try, but need some time, just working in connect today, need to make the changes to the rest of suite objects
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Nemeean_lion please check that in your google console api, there is not pending any authorization screen

Images attachées Images attachées
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't show me that there is a pending authorization. In that screen it just says that the Verification Status is Not published.

It looks like a screen for including a consent screen in my game for my users, but I don't want to do that, because I'm not asking for any of their personal data.

Edit: I'm also not using any of the events in that screenshot. The only thing I'm using is the snapshot from the cloud object, the achievements, and the leaderboards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so I've done a bit more digging, and I found out some very interesting things. First of all, this seems to be a more widespread issue than I originally thought. Check out the fourth review from the game Plague Inc. right now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...clip.plagueinc

It says: 'Awesome Game. (But i'm having Sign In issues). Why am i now recieving a message when i open up the game that says: "Plague Inc requires one or more Google Play services that are not currently available. Please contact the developer for assistance". How do i fix this? This does not appear to be an issue on any other app that my Google Play Games account is used on.'

This review was written on the 4th of March, which is close to the date when problems started appearing in Magium, and 29 people already upvoted it. I also downloaded the game myself, and tried to press their 'Google Play Games' button in the bottom left corner of their main menu, and I'm getting the same error that I get in Magium.

The fact that the user says he isn't getting the error in any other game with Google Play Games and the fact that I didn't get the error in Dobermann's game got me thinking, and so I did a little test in my game. I basically removed the cloud object completely from my whole game and I left only the connect, leaderboard and achievement GPG objects. I then compiled the game again and it works perfectly without any errors. I tested the connection to GPG, the leaderboards and the achievements in the game, and they all show up properly. So, the error wasn't coming from the connection to Google Play Games itself, but from the fact that the GPG object was trying to access the cloud saves when it was connecting initially and the Cloud saves object doesn't work.

The question now is if this is a generalized issue for all games using Google Cloud Saves or if it's really just libraries that need to be updated like that other guy said. I'd test some other games using Google Cloud saves to see if they give the same error, but I can't think of any right now.

Maybe if this is a generalized issue with Google Play Games we could try contacting Google themselves for support?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh, then is what i mentioned to you in previous post, you need to go to you google api console, and check inside this project that all information is set and this come with a consent screen, check that this must be approved by Google, and since you are using the cloud object. therefore, you are saving data of your client. Then you must specific this in your policy URL what data are you saving. your client need to know about this.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I finally understand what the 'consent screen' means now. We're talking about the screen which asks the user for permission to 'Create, edit, and delete your Google Play Games activity' when logging in to Google Play Games. I've had that screen for years and it was working properly until a few days ago. I didn't realize it was called a 'consent screen', because I just figured it was something that came with Google Play Games by default, since every single game with GPG had it, including mine.

Also, it was Clickteam Fusion 2.5 that set up that screen for me behind the scenes, because even though I never actually went to this link, I'm seeing a lot of scopes that have been added without me knowing and they've been approved by Google a long time ago. Here they are, in this screenshot: Oauth scopes.png

Also, when I go to the bottom of that page and try to 'submit for verification' it tells me that 'my changes don't require verification', so it doesn't seem like it's asking me to do anything. This consent screen has been working fine for years, and I haven't received any warnings from Google that I need to do any changes to it, so I don't see why it would have stopped working all of a sudden.

On the other hand, I remember a mail that I received back in 2018, telling me that the Google drive Android API would be deprecated at the end of 2019, and that apps would need to switch to the Google Drive REST API instead. Has this been done for the GPG object?

Here is a page that talks about the deprecation and describes the measures that need to be taken for migrating to the new API: https://developers.google.com/drive/android/deprecation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found a guy on stack overflow who got this exact error and who said that his code used to work until a few days ago. I checked the code for the Clickteam GPG object, and it looks very similar. They are both using GoogleAPIClient, which was deprecated: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-not-available

The guy who answers him says that the error is happening because of the Google Drive Android API deprecation and that he needs to migrate to Google Drive Rest API.

I would be willing to pay extra money for the rebuild of the GPG object with the Google Drive REST api, because this is currently the only way in which I can back up data.

However, this seems like it could be a huge project. Any idea how long this would take if you were to do it?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well this is actually what i had been doing the last few days, connect, achievements are ready. Still to do leaderboards, quests, and review cloud

It is funny that Google says is deprecated since is the mode used by all, and when I checked in lower code from android the new api still using googleapiclient.

Cloud Object it is under evaluation.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, let me know when you have a beta version of the object so I can test it on my device. In this case I can reproduce the issue easily on my own phone so I won't need to upload the version to Google Play to see any results.

Edit: Fyi, I think Quests were deprecated in 2018, so it might not be worth it to upgrade them to the REST API: https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...ames-services/

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ok, so far so good, cloud object is not deprecated, requires a lot of changes but it will work, also removing the need for drive.API.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast