User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is there any way to refresh thumbnails in global events?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any way to refresh thumbnails in global events?

When you change the graphics inside an active object, its icon doesn't change in the global event list editor, even if you save and restart. This can be confusing if the icon no longer resembles the updated object. Is there any way to force Fusion to refresh the icons it uses in global events?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just encountered the same issue. I'm working on an 8-bit game with small objects and it's very difficult to tell what is what in the event editor due to their small thumbnails. I began updating the objects' icons (Global-Objects) individually to a scaled-up size which became visually much more convenient in the Event Editor. But unfortunately, this was only valid in the Event Editor of the specific frame I updated the objects from, disregarding that they're Global Objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might help;

Runtime Options
    check global object
    -----
    Editor synchronization
    > select No, Identical Objects, or Same name and type

I tested Same name and type (default) and all global object icons were sync'd and changed in all frames and editors.

Hope this helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @twister ,

I'm trying to follow your reply, but cannot find what you're referring to... Can you kindly elaborate?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @goldeng , I see now that this may not be of help to you. Using the Icon Edit in the About tab in the properties window will only change that selected instances icon.

But, this will use the graphics as the icon, and it will change all global instances to the same icon, all at once.

Select the active object in frame
    Select the Runtime Options tab in the properties window (looks like a sheet of paper with a red arrow)
    ....Beneath Memory Options for that active object ....
    Select Global Object
    ....Just beneath that is ....
    Editor synchronization: No, Identical Objects, or Same name and type
    Select, Same name and type

This will change all. For example if one global object instance is changed, all others will be changed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that after changing the sync setting, you'll have to alter one of the instances of that global object to activate the sync setting. Add a pixel and go back and delete it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @twister . It seems like my global objects' sync setting was already set in my application to 'Same name and type'. But I tried nevertheless to change the sync setting of one global object to 'No', then back to 'Same name and type', and as you suggested to alter something in the icon image to activate the sync. But unfortunately, it didn't work for the other levels and the global object's icon there remained small, where the one I made bigger was only in the frame I edited it in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, sorry, altering any animation frame will reset the global icon. Yes, editing the icon image only sets the icon for that frame. And, the icons can only be a max size of 32x32 pixels (for all icons). Just a thought, but do you have your frames object list displaying large or small icons (right click)?

Here are my test results for resetting global icons for different objects:

For Runtime Global Objects: Editor Synchronization, Same name and type selection.

icon Edit: This only changes the icon for that frame. You can have a separate icon per frame.
    >Properties, About Tab, click on the icon image and a Edit button appears.

Global Active object icon and reset: Edit any animation frame.
    You can edit and have a separate icon per frame.
    Whenever a graphic in the active object is changed, the first animation frame becomes its default icon across all frames.

Global String objects icon and reset: Edit any string text.
    If you edit the text string object, the icon for that frame becomes the string icon across all frames.

Global Counter objects icon and reset: Edit any initial value.
    If you edit the initial value, the counter icon for that frame becomes the icon across all frames, except for that frame. that icon resets back to the number and it will need to have its icon edited again.

@goldeng , hope this made sense and helped.

@Volnaiskra , this method also changed the icon in the global event editor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @twister . Appreciate your time and info.

Yes, my frames object list is set to show large icons.

Since there's no way to have a global object to update its icon in all instances, I had to do it the hard way and to edit the icons of each and every global object in my game. It was tedious... I hope that Clickteam will fix this in a future patch as global objects that don't update their icon in all instances are not that global after all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange, if I edit any global object in the animation editor, its icon across all app frames are defaulted to its first animation frame 1.

To change the global event editor objects icon without changing the rest.
    I discovered this today, which is why it seemed to work, at times.

Select the global object on the very last app frame.
    Edit its icon in the about tab.
    That objects icon becomes the icon seen in the global event editor.

I tested it many times and all with the same result. Another workaround!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not having any problems with this now. When I update the graphics of an active object, the icon is automatically updated in the global event list editor and the even list editors of other frames. Clearly this wasn't happening to me back in March. I don't know what's different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast