User Tag List

Thread: Google play games object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google play games object

Why "Google play games object" disappeared from the clickstore? Is there any way to integrate with google play services?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google deprecated the old code of the Google Play Games object, and a lot of the original object needs to be remade from scratch. As far as I know, it's currently being worked on, but they probably removed it from the store until the new version gets finished and properly tested.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like this might take some time.

I think it'd be wise to update a new version of our apps without GPG. A bugged feature is more annoying to players than not seeing them at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen, it seems like Google has decided give us an extension on the deprecation time limit, because the Google cloud saves started working all of a sudden for all games that had the issue at the exact same time ( I think it happened some time around 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I don't remember exactly). I know this because I was testing these games every day at the time, and I saw how they all started working on the same day as my game, without any of the developers uploading any updates for their games on Google Play. I also saw reviews from others on those games, confirming that their issues got fixed, so it wasn't just for me.

Games that had the issue as far as I could tell were Plague Inc, Plants vs zombies 2, Townsmen and my game, but there were probably also others. My guess is that EA Games (the publisher for Plants vs zombies 2), must have asked Google for some more time, due to the coronavirus delaying them, so we all got the extension as an added bonus.

I don't know how long this will keep working, though, so we could expect the Cloud Saves to start crashing again any day. If that does happen, it will probably be safer to remove GPG from our games until the new version is ready.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that the only object of GPG that has given any errors so far is the Cloud Saves object. If you removed the cloud saves object completely from your project, the errors would stop. So if you're not using cloud saves at all, you might be at a lesser risk.