User Tag List

Thread: Universal Controller Input Option?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Universal Controller Input Option?

Hello again!
    I have two questions I want to ask; but they are two separate topics, so I will post them as such.

My second question is: how can I allow players to input controller options once and never again for all games?

Like I said in my first topic: I creating an “emulator” with a series of games bundled into it (18+). Now, because the emulator is designed to be the central hub for all the games I am currently making, I need to add a controller option that is accessible through the emulator that translates for all games and is saved as such. Because of the wonkiness that has happened to the first game while trying to implement it, making games as “sub-applications” is out of the picture. The first game uses the basic “player controller” object to base its controls on; however, future games might need more button imputs than the basic eight. Have any of you made a controller option similar to what I’m aiming for; and if so, have you added any more inputs or buttons that is unlike the default “player input”?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know this until just now that a Clickteam developer created an intuitive game pad object called VACCiNE 2 (an update of a previous version) that is universal for a multitude of controllers and as well as just the keyboard. I don’t know the terms and conditions of using this object, but that seems like something I want to try out. But I wonder if the object’s input can be shared amongst different application, so I’m still stuck as to how players can play my games without going into the settings every time the game, not just the emulator, has opened.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The creator of VACCiNE2 is a very active member here - Volnaiskra. You can check with him as to the terms and conditions, but I do believe it is OK for commercial use once purchased from the Clickstore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked further into VACCiNE2 through the creator's thread and I learned that it works as a "single player" gamepad. Although it can tell multiple controllers apart, the multiple controllers' cannot separate well from one another if that makes any sense. My game or games will always allow two players, and primarily using VACC2 may be a separate set of issues.

Even then, I am still unsure how to transfer and save controller information from one application to another, and I believe VACCiNE2 wasn't meant for that.