User Tag List

Thread: question & answer object stopped working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question & answer object stopped working

Suddenly the question & answer object, that I use all the time, has completely stopped working. I can insert the object but it doesn´t show up or do anything. I can´t find the object in the object manager either. This problem started at the same time that the quick background object got buggy and shows as black no matter what color I select. The quick background object does work fine when I run the program but it is very annoying not being able to see the background in the right color when designing the frame. I am running Windows 7 and a Steam version of Clickteam Fusion 2.5 which recently updated to build 292.22. However, it seems that the problems started even before the update.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to add that I completely uninstalled and re-installed Clickteam Fusion 2.5 and that didn´t help at all. I also checked the files on Steam and no error came back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, nobody answered my question so I figured it out for myself. Turns out that I had changed the default display mode in the application properties from Standard to Direct3d and that was causing all my display problems. However, I did learn that the question & answer object is considered obsolete by a lot of people who mostly recommend using the quiz object which, last time I checked, was not ported to Html5 so... Also the q&a object really is convenient as a "show stopper" to freeze everything when you want to interrupt and interface with the user or for many other little applications. So why doesn´t someone come up with a new q&a object? Maybe someone already has? Please share if that is the case. Maybe my first excursion into object development will be the 2020 q&a object.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Could you post an example that shows the problems you report please? The Q&A object seems OK here in DirectX mode and I don't see the color problem you're talking about with the Quick Backdrop object (the only known issue IIRC with this object in DirectX mode is the Ellipse mode that is either not supported in DX11 or very slow in DX9).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

screen caps of issue

Here are a few screen captures where you can see the objects inserted into the frame, the frame running with Display Mode Direct3D 9 (image 2) and the frame running with Display Mode Standard (image 3). As I mentioned, it works fine as long as I keep it in standard display mode so for me the problem has been solved. I also have a lot of issues using the full screen feature so maybe it´s my graphics card or something but that is a subject for a different thread.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Intesresting, I don't get the same issues as you.

First I see the yellow color in the frame editor, not sure why you don't see it. Are you running the Steam version of Fusion in a virtual machine or something like that? Or maybe a problem with your video driver as you say. What you can do perhaps is disabling Direct3D in the frame editor (in the preferences of Fusion, Frame Editor tab, option at the bottom).

Secondly the Q&A object seems correctly displayed in D3D mode. The issue I get here is that if the "Visible at start" option is selected in the Q&A properties, the quick backdrop object doesn't seem to be displayed in D3D mode when the frame starts. To display it I had to unselect "Visible at start" and do "Timer = 0'0"001" / Ask the question.