User Tag List

Thread: Is it possible to distinct between instances of the same type in events and actions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to distinct between instances of the same type in events and actions?

You see, there is a quarantine because of COVID-19 so I have not much to do, so it got me thinking: is the following simple case even possible? No helper objects etc., just plain events:

Let's say that if two instances of object A collide, you want to destroy only the one which has lower ALT VAL A than the other one, for example. There might be many instances, so it not a 1:1 problem.

We would need to scope both objects for checking of their values, and then scope only to the one whose is lower. I could think of complex, probably overengineered solutions using loops, fixed values and lists, but maybe there is an easier way?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has always been one of Fusion's weaker points. There is no extremely easy solutions for it, but as you say, you can run loops and keep track of fixed id's and values that way. The best way is probably to run a ForEach loop on overlapping objects. Fusion will then only scope through the objects that are overlapping, making your work a bit easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And when you need to do actions on both objects, it seems almost impossible. By that I mean a case like this:

-When A overlaps another A, move A with the lower value X above the other A.

Trying to solve it, just for fun, but even with ForEach seems difficult, particularly because if there are many instances, the order matters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an example, it shows how to run code on specific instances only, but keep in mind always to think about fusions autoscoping cases like -on collision events- etc. which is also in the example shown. Have fun
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Manuel. Frankly I am unsure how to make the scenario I described to work: let's make it simple: when two instances overlap, let's always move the one with higher Y position above the other one. (I mean Layer object action, Move object A above object B - I chose this action because it requires two instances).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordering instances of the same object above/below on a single layer is something i tried also in the past long time with no success, i spend now also two hours tryng it again but no luck, what i do instead always is spawn lot of layers and move objects around on them that way the ordering works. But its not always a solution of course. If you find a way to do it on a single layer let me know i want to know also

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But i see now the layer object has this x or y sorting (increasing/decreasing) build in, its exactly what you need for your case.