User Tag List

Thread: List Object not working with Samsung Galaxy S+ Devices

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List Object not working with Samsung Galaxy S+ Devices

So recently I released an app on the app Store using the LIST OBJECT to store user settings. This worked Flawlessly on my LG STYLO 3, 4 and 5 phones. It also worked perfectly on my ASUS Zenphone 2. However, users with Samsung Galaxy S10+ and other Galaxy Models had tons of issues. Everyone else, had no problems using other Brands with the Same Android version. I assume this is do to Samsung Modifying the Stock Android ROM.

Nevertheless, the issues where as followed.

1st run. No problems as the first run the app I created, creates the List File with Default Settings
    2nd run. The file gets ruined by only Samsung Galaxy Devices.
    3rd run. The file becomes READ ONLY and my app no longer can access it. Also, the file is completely empty. 0.mb

Again, this was only on Samsung Galaxy Devices and had no issues on other Manufacturers Devices.

I am posting this to just let people know prior to using it in an Android application as I had to rewrite tons of code to work for Samsung using the EDITBOX Object. Which the Editbox object has no problems with any Android Device.

I hope this helps some of you and if you have the ability to look into the LIST OBJECT issue with Samsung Devices. Please Tag me as I actually prefer the 1 LIST OBJECT File over the multiple of EDITBOX files I ended up using to save user settings.

Now I know, there is the .INI file to save settings, but any app I create is Transparent for the user. So if a user wanted to see their Save files, they could open it in any Android app that can read a .TXT file.

Anyway, hope this saves some of you from releasing a partially working app. It was a nightmare to fix it and contact all of my customers that owned Samsung Devices and assure them a fix is only waiting on google play during these Covid19 times we all face.

I am willing to help as I went out and Purchased a Samsung Galaxy A20 to test and fix my app with. My app works flawlessly now on the A20 but prior faced the same issues as S10+ users.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to look into this.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    are you using this setting "use system box in text objects", if so, can you uncheck and select a different color from white ot teh background some devices (new) have theme color with white text

also put a small apk for me to test here in a Samsung a50
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I tested on a Samsung A20 and my users Tested on Various Samsung Galaxies from S5 to S10+. Same issue on all.

I did not check the " use system box in text objects ". Colors were left Default as it was an " Outside the Frame " file saving function.
    I thought maybe the Samsung's dropped the object so I tried it inside the frame as well. It still corrupted the save file on only Samsung Devices.

On a different topic. We had an issue like this years ago with the Flashlight Control. For some reason, only Samsung devices could not use the flashlight feature in our apps.
    I just made a little app to test the Flashlight controls and both my LG STYLO 5 and Samsung A20, do not allow the Flashlight to work.

I will have to make one as I changed all the code to work with the EDIT OBJECT now.
    @Fernando

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have a Samsung A50 and the control are the same theme like yours, nothing can be done in this, so my recommendation is not to use the default themes, therefore set you own color for control or use

https://clickstore.clickteam.com/plugins/extensions/android_theme_object

so you will made a theme specific for your application
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how the Theme would effect the List Object or the Flashlight Function, but as far as Themes go. I use the Android New Dialog Control v2 Object. It works perfect for themes.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    because they have coded for you to sleetc Halo theme light or dark.

================================================== =

Runtime use the default theme from device to device in order to gain control of fullscreen.

===========================================

About flashlight some devices need camera permission, so drop Android camera object in it, add camera permission and test
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo