User Tag List

Thread: Issue with following double conditions

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue with following double conditions

I'm not good at coding, but usually tend to find more visual solutions for that lack of skill. However, I'm having some serious issues with movement.

I'm trying to get a character to move across a 6 x 3 grid. I have left and right movement fine, but any time my character is on the bottom (third row) and I press up arrow to move upward to the second row, the condition that allows movement from the second to the first row kicks in and my character flies from the third row to the first. I've tried a few different ways from counting objects in a zone that get destroyed or changed. I've tried collision with objects to stop movement. I've tried simply setting global values to snap to positions at the loss of fluid movement, but even that didn't work.

TLR - Every time I press up when on the third row of a board I made, the condition for pressing up on the second row kicks in and my character flies from the third to the first tow instead of the second row.

This has been days of problem solving and I'd appreciate some input. Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide an mfa to look at your issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/son1t39i60...2.1.2.mfa?dl=0

Again, I am not a programmer so I'm sure this is going to look like an abomination to this community. But I've set a global values to each possible position for the "Santa" character to go (It's a christmas game) You can left click to place the santa wherever you need for testing and right click to remove spaces. The issue I'm having upward movement work from the bottom row. The only space I've managed to work on is the lower left corner. When pressing up arrow while Santa is on that lower left space, he jumps up two spaces to the top row. I assume it's because it's following the condition to advance to the second row and then IMMEDIATELY following the condition to advance from the second to first row. So it's it's doing it all at the same time. I'm not sure how to fix it. I've had a little success with simply changing the order of the conditions, but I don't know if that's the most effective solution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot going on here and it's kinda hard to follow the logic you are using.
    You have many events that I'm sure could be greatly reduced to fraction of what you have.

I understand you may be new to fusion but perhaps you could better explain what you want to achieve and the logic on this level then maybe someone could show a more effective way to do it.

Have you registered your copy of Fusion yet?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not registered yet.

Allow me to do my best to explain what Iím trying to do with the limited knowledge I have.

I am attempting to allow the arrow keys to move the Santa around the board with shapes indicating the spaces. I have conditions set for every scenario of what tiles are or arenít there to allow the Santa to move to the next available space. For instance, he is on the second tile in the top row, but tiles three and four are missing, the right arrow will move him to the fifth tile and skip the tiles that are absent.
    In order to allow this, the way I have it set up is that each Cyan hit box assigns a global value to position the Santa in that spot upon collision. I am using four direction movement as Santaís movement type. I use these global values because I want the Santa to stay where he is when frame jumping.
    My problem is that while Iíve set every instance for moving the Santa left and right under all circumstances, for some reason I canít tell, doing that same thing for up and down movement is causing an issue where heíll skip from the bottom row to the top row instantly when trying to go from the bottom row to the middle row.

I am certain there is a fare as messy, time consuming, and effective way of doing this, but unfortunately it is outside of my capabilities at this time. Though Iím always happy to learn, Iíve spent most of my time in fusion making side scroller so more complex conditions are foreign to me. Also I find learning proper coding (the best way) just seems to fly over my head.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to disable the destroy if too far from the frame. What's happening is your code doesn't work because your selector actives (blue and red circles) get destroyed. If you change the screen size to allow your selector actives to be visible it works as intended. Conversely if you un-tick the destroy if too far from frame and you it also works as intended.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    You need to disable the destroy if too far from the frame. What's happening is your code doesn't work because your selector actives (blue and red circles) get destroyed. If you change the screen size to allow your selector actives to be visible it works as intended. Conversely if you un-tick the destroy if too far from frame and you it also works as intended.

Ohh interesting. Iíll have to look into that. Thank you. I tend to find very mechanical ways around solving problems rather than programming so that may just be what the hold up is!