User Tag List

Thread: Transferring Player Between Layers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Transferring Player Between Layers

Hi! I've been trying for a while to do a few things, so bear with me while i try to explain.
    I'm currently in the progress of developing a style of gaming like Binding of Isaac. Like where you enter a room, kill all the enemies and then you're allowed to leave to a random other one.

I'm struggling with the key aspect of that. I've read on a thread that It might be better for me to make the whole game in 1 frame and then use the layer system to overlay the right level and just move the character to the layer of the current level. (this so that i can easily create levels and not have to replicate any changes to all the frames.)
    So currently I've got it where the HUD is on the top layer, so no matter what the health will be displayed and other stats I'm including. But my issue is when you leave the room and go to another, how do you make it so that only the layer the character is on and the HUD layer is shown at once? Is there an expression or something I can do in the event editor? I've got the layer object in frame, but I've been tinkering for a while and cant figure out the way.
    So to be clear, the 'expression' or whatever fix would need to be, once the player collides with the 'exit area object' -> move the player to random layer between (whatever range) then show the current layer of player and HUD layer, and hide all other layers. Also how would I make it so so that you cannot re-enter a layer you've been inside of before?

I've really struggled with all that above and collision masks, when placing a active on the players position, the player just walks through my wall with a collision box like its nothing?, but the player on its own collides with the wall and stops when told to and the collision box I've made for the player controlled individually works fine also?

I hope you understand my attempt to explain the help I'm looking for.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just an idea. Preventing the player to return to the same layer as before. Couldn't a list object do that? Make a list with numbers 1-10 for example and when the player exits the area, make the list choose a random line. Choose to show layer 3 if the list is showing "3", then delete that line from the list. Layer 3 shouldn't be accessible again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    This is just an idea. Preventing the player to return to the same layer as before. Couldn't a list object do that? Make a list with numbers 1-10 for example and when the player exits the area, make the list choose a random line. Choose to show layer 3 if the list is showing "3", then delete that line from the list. Layer 3 shouldn't be accessible again.
    I guess that could work but it still has the issue of how do I tell it to delete the current number its on from the list?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just delete that line would do it. If it's not that simple i can take a look at it tonight maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    Just delete that line would do it. If it's not that simple i can take a look at it tonight maybe
    If you wanna add me on steam that'd be great. My steam profile URL is: herrow_