User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SDL Joystick Object release

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    evlisish wasn't being sarcastic, my guy, he was complimenting Volnaiskra.

Seems like people like it a lot more in the Clickteam Discord.
    I also made a variant that doesn't require external files, also open-source.
    PkR and me are discussing whether to merge them, I'm for it, he's not.
    Hehe, not sure if @Progject was agreeing with me or not, but anyone who knows me knows I'm a big @Volnaiskra fan! VolCam came about after I asked if there was a capable Fusion extension for smooth camera lerping, and within a week or so he'd managed to graciously fork the Spryke camera system and package it up as a user-friendly Clickstore asset. I know he (and most Clickstore sellers) don't make their wealth from asset sales, so I always try to plug his stuff when I can and VACCiNE is invaluable for controller support.

Anyways, don't want to derail this thread! Would be very interested to know if this object is a worthy replacement for the existing joystick extensions.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok after playing around with sdl for a while and loving how simple it is, I just spent two weeks building a really fully featured controller setup for my game only to now discover that it can't hold connection over multiple frames!?

testing with a standard ps4 controller plugged in via usb, it works perfectly on one frame but when switching to another theres no devices connected anymore.

is this a known problem? is it supposed to work over multiple frames?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example of the problem.

sdl mult frames test.mfa

Just a simple print out of nr of devices detected, on the first frame I get 1 (with a single device connected) but on the second frame I get 0. Jumping back to the first also gives 0. Tried on 2 different computers.

Either I'm going crazy (very possible) or something is not working as it should?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    Here's an example of the problem.

sdl mult frames test.mfa

Just a simple print out of nr of devices detected, on the first frame I get 1 (with a single device connected) but on the second frame I get 0. Jumping back to the first also gives 0. Tried on 2 different computers.

Either I'm going crazy (very possible) or something is not working as it should?
    Can't reproduce it in either the DarkEdif port or PkR's variant, are you using the latest version?
    Does it happen with other joystick types?

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks Phi, you solved it.. Just downloaded the whole github zip instead of the "release" version, guess that did not contain the latest version.

Did not read the instructions carefully enough But hey now it works and I can use it, which is great!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Hehe, not sure if @Progject was agreeing with me or not, but anyone who knows me knows I'm a big @Volnaiskra fan! VolCam came about after I asked if there was a capable Fusion extension for smooth camera lerping, and within a week or so he'd managed to graciously fork the Spryke camera system and package it up as a user-friendly Clickstore asset. I know he (and most Clickstore sellers) don't make their wealth from asset sales, so I always try to plug his stuff when I can and VACCiNE is invaluable for controller support.

Anyways, don't want to derail this thread! Would be very interested to know if this object is a worthy replacement for the existing joystick extensions.
    Sorry I was unclear - I was agreeing with you

I use VACCiNE and VolCamera, both are invaluable to my project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PkR View Post
    I also found it ridiculous that people have tried to profit from the situation by selling toolkits that simply work around bugs and attempt to make sense of what these extensions offer to the end user.
    If this is referring to me, I find it a bit rude and inaccurate, not least because VACCiNE has always been completely free. Though it took me hundreds of hours to make sense of Joystick 2's craziness, I released my work for free so that others would be spared the headaches I had to go through. VACCiNE 2 came a year later or so, and took me yet more hundreds of hours to make. For VAC2 I charge a few bucks - but you're paying predominantly for other, non-gamepad related, features. VAC2 uses more or less the same gamepad engine as VAC1, apart from a few optimisations; I've always been clear about this and I've always kept VAC1 available on the clickstore for free.

I don't at all feel bad about charging a few dollars for VAC2. I don't have a day job, so the tiny amount I earn from VAC2 (less in a year than what most people would earn in a week) at least puts a small dent into my gamedev costs. There's also a distinct benefit to the end-user when you charge for a product, because you tend to put more effort into it than you would otherwise (cleaning up the code to be more modular and easy to use, extensively commenting everything, fixing bugs, answering questions, and even adding features that you'll never use yourself).

Anyway, I'm delighted that someone's finally made a better gamepad extension. I haven't had time to play around with it yet, but if it does what is says on the tin, I can't wait to say goodbye to Joystick 2! I assume this will solve the Steam connection problems some Fusion devs have had with Joystick 2? Has anyone checked whether it also improves on the input lag that people have measured in Joystick 2?

And does this extension make things like deadzones, 360˚ directions, analog movement (ie. reading how firmly a joystick is being pressed, not just in which direction) easier to manage? Or do we still need to extrapolate that stuff from the raw data, as was the case with the previous extensions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how it is ridiculous if someone solve an user need and charges for it. If that's the case, the whole store of a big-game-engine-that-should-not-be-named is ridiculous as many of the assets created solved a weakness (or lack of feature) of said engine. Proof is that a number of them were incorporated later. Also the price of those assets are usually higher than what is charged on ClickStore.

Also I'd vouch for @volknaiskra 's effort to put good stuff on the store, especially the theme which I spend/spent many hours looking at and was so well worth.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello
    where can i download the last version please (without extern dll) because i link on dark-wire is down

wich is the simplyest please? vaccine2 or "elfique" joystick sdl ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English destroyed, but latest (build 7) is here.
    List of all versions is here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast