User Tag List

Thread: BatchMaker - Create Quick-launch Icons for your projects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb BatchMaker - Create Quick-launch Icons for your projects.

I've been using Fusion for a while, and over the years, I have written a few small tools that I use somewhat regularly. So I decided recently that I should polish them up and share them. This is the first one. You can download it here: https://jameso2.itch.io/batchmaker

Below is a little demo video on how it works. Real simple.

<a data-cke-saved-href="https://jameso2.itch.io/batchmaker" href="https://jameso2.itch.io/batchmaker">

It's a pretty simple tool that takes advantage of Windows Batch files. Using simple drag-n-drop, you can quickly create a SHORTCUT file that launches multiple files, folders, or programs. I use this app to generate "project launchers" to put on my desktop. For example, I'll create a shorctut that will simultaneously open my MFA file, a TXT todo list, a focus music playlist file, and my ASEPRITE pixel art file.

This little program saves you extra minutes manually typing out the file paths of a BATCH file, and then manually creating a shorcut, and manually hunting down an icon file. Here's some projects I have on my desktop that I made quick-launch icons for using this program:

I mostly used to toy around making little games in Fusion, but I'm recently discovering how quickly I can create really slick looking portable apps that improve my workflow. I've got some more coming soon, so keep a look out. I'm specifically making a set of small tools that are useful for pixel artists.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this is really cool JimJam. I'm trying to use a batch file to help with a printing feature in my app. The problem I'm facing is, if I save my batch commands to a .txt file then convert to .bat it doesn't work. However, the same batch commands work if I create my own .txt file in notepad and save as a .bat outside of fusion.

These are the batch commands that I use:

start Notepad.exe "%userprofile%\Documents\The Hat\Year 2AE.txt"
    call :SendCtrlP "Name in Windowtitle"
    exit /b

:SendCtrlP <app>
    setlocal
    set vbs=%Temp%\_.vbs
    >%vbs% echo set s = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    >>%vbs% echo s.appactivate "%~1"
    >>%vbs% echo s.sendkeys "^p"
    cscript //nologo %vbs%
    if exist %vbs% del /f /q %vbs%
    /mFileCloseOrExit
    exit /b

It's the part bold, in the first line - the file directory - is what I want to be able to change within fusion. Any thoughts how I could create and edit a batch file in fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to respond, solved thanks to Yves. He suggested that the output depends on the "Character encoding options / Output" property in the Runtime properties of the application. I needed ANSI output ticked, so simple yet it eluded me.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, yes but only if you use the List object, this doesn't apply to the File object. EDIT: it's about my answer in the other post.

The File object is a bit special. If the file doesn't exist when you create it, the object will create it in Unicode format. If it already exists, then the object will check if the file already contains a Unicode BOM (2-byte mark) at the beginning of the file. If so it adds the text in Unicode format, otherwise it writes it in ANSI format using the language property of the application.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your expert advice. To clarify I used the List object to store my batch file commands. Then I changed the directory on line 1 to select the right txt file. I then used the File object to save the list file as a .bat file. Then I used the File object to run the .bat file.

It all works now, Yves you are amazing, thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aenever Thanks! I'm glad you like the program. I personally use it frequently, usually to generate "project launchers" for whatever artwork/program/game I'm working on at the moment.

I updated the app with a few quality of life tweaks. If you're interested, you can download the new version here: https://jameso2.itch.io/batchmaker

As for the batch issues you were having, I'm glad Yves could help. I had the same issues when I was developing a couple Fusion apps actually. I learned the hard way that the encoding is sometimes very important (especially with certain files, like Batches, config files, or other system files).