User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Slow on some devices...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you used bigger objects. however a programmer who created a guide for Android said to use 60 fps with v sync, I did it and it worked. if you try to do tests and a combination that will not give problems with sliding objects (bullets, obstacles), just tested, at 50 fps (with sv sync) etc. stuttering is very heavy, especially with the "every x seconds" events for the creation of objects, both on my new phone and on the pc and if I remember correctly also on my old phone, it only works on a one of my telephone 50 fps phone. instead with 60fps it works very well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    yes is correct, but this font are not saved in the mfa they are added to the APK when building, they are reading from windows\fonts folder if the font is installed.

================================================== ==============

do me a favor please test this new object.

copy as it inside data/runtime/android

build and test specially in those device you get 60 FPS, unfortunately all my devices are stuck in 30 FPS

don't forget to make a copy of the original one, just in case.

BTW

It is difficult to compare yours against GardenXXXX game since is not a scrolling game and the texture are really small so there is no comparison.

It's working fine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janpier View Post
    I thought you used bigger objects. however a programmer who created a guide for Android said to use 60 fps with v sync, I did it and it worked. if you try to do tests and a combination that will not give problems with sliding objects (bullets, obstacles), just tested, at 50 fps (with sv sync) etc. stuttering is very heavy, especially with the "every x seconds" events for the creation of objects, both on my new phone and on the pc and if I remember correctly also on my old phone, it only works on a one of my telephone 50 fps phone. instead with 60fps it works very well.
    It's a platform game. I use tiles to simulate big objects. 2 image attached.

60fps is the default. You should lower that in some cases, for example, a mobile super-busy complex project, and go higher then 60fps for precision / accuracy based games, for example a game in which the accuracy or reaction time is part of the core machanics. Mobiles screens are limited to 60, or a few phones lately started supporting 90. v sync is a must for scrollers. It's not a "it worked" thing, those options are there so that depending on the game your making, you'll use it if you need it, or not - in some cases, v sync and certain frame rates are not good for your project (it now occours to me that you probably do not understand what v sync is, look it up on youtube, interesting stuff). It does not "fix" anything that "doesn't work" on your game, it's simply synchronizes your monitor and your games frames rendering. What you think is "stuttering" is not a performance issue, it's just a visual issue, since projects with high pace movements and scrolling looks bad and "torn" without v sync.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting, I had already read something about synchronization, in fact I was talking about scrolling objects, but in reality I don't know when it was necessary to have less than 60fps, but now that you tell me so I wonder in which cases it could have a negative aspect having the sync v. I use fusion because of its simplicity, I am not a programmer, but I learned a few things, I deal more with graphics, illustration and marketing, and knowing that I have to develop a 2D I know I have to take the range seriously medium-low and other factors such as connection-related, etc. , because whoever has a top of the range phone is often inclined to download a 3d game. so with a resolution of 495 (not yet definitive, I could increase it a little if it is needed for the medium-high range) I have a nice graphic (with the rather complex characters brought from 800pixel to 100, this was the only problem) without having to resize anything inside to the game in progress and that saves me a lot of space and makes it more performance. in your case I know that it would certainly be very long to resize everything etc. , considering also the size of the objects I wouldn't know how much you could reduce the size, of a little surely, considering that the first uninstall factor is the space and your game occupies 300mb, not to mention the other factors, such as the behavioral one. but then each game has its own story, good programming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting, I had already read something about synchronization, in fact I was talking about scrolling objects, but in reality I don't know when it was necessary to have less than 60fps, but now that you tell me so I wonder in which cases it could have a negative aspect having the sync v. I use fusion because of its simplicity, I am not a programmer, but I learned a few things, I deal more with graphics, illustration and marketing, and knowing that I have to develop a 2D I know I have to take the range seriously medium-low and other factors such as connection-related, etc. , because whoever has a top of the range phone is often inclined to download a 3d game. so with a resolution of 495 (not yet definitive, I could increase it a little if it is needed for the medium-high range) I have a nice graphic (with the rather complex characters brought from 800pixel to 100, this was the only problem) without having to resize anything inside to the game in progress and that saves me a lot of space and makes it more performance. in your case I know that it would certainly be very long to resize everything etc. , considering also the size of the objects I wouldn't know how much you could reduce the size, of a little surely, considering that the first uninstall factor is the space and your game occupies 300mb, not to mention the other factors, such as the behavioral one. but then each game has its own story, good programming
    The game currently occupies 35mb, and this will go up to 80-90 later in the developement.
    We were discussing loads and slow downs, so I reffered to the in game memory usage - RAM memory. 300mb is not that much, as we have phones with 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000 nowadays. The RAM memory usage is indicated by Fusion while testing your game (image attached).
    The app space on hard disk does not effect performance.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 mb of pc ram is not like 300mb of a piece of furniture, 2gb of ram of a piece of furniture, if you remove what it uses for the system and considering that it is not comparable with that pc, 300mb ram most I see many active objects, already on mid-range phones (not from the last year, but from the last 3) I don't know what would happen. you told me about a phone from four years ago, but it was a top of the range of those years (score 7.7 on the performance according to a blog), it mounts a two core of well 2.35ghz (which are the ones that most fans of work). one of the best selling phones from last year, the samsung a20 (not to mention the a10, oppa a9, redmi7a etc.), is not comparable with its main 1.6ghz cpu, you should try it on a mid-range phone, considering that surely it is the most used band in the android world, according to statistics only 10% of the phones use the latest version of android, the penultimate 42% (many older phones will have been updated to this version) and considering the market Android where it is more used than the competition (South America, Africa and most of Asia) surely there are not many high-priced (therefore powerful) phones. for the internal memory it is more a connection factor, in fact if you notice many games use the low MB installation function and then download other MB later, this is because a lot of the population does not have many GB to use, some are players "of passage "who want to play immediately as it happens with instant games and HTML. if I were you I would test on a mid-range phone, greetings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 mb of pc ram is not like 300mb of a piece of furniture, 2gb of ram of a piece of furniture, if you remove what it uses for the system and considering that it is not comparable with that pc, 300mb ram most I see many active objects, already on mid-range phones (not from the last year, but from the last 3) I don't know what would happen. you told me about a phone from four years ago, but it was a top of the range of those years (score 7.7 on the performance according to a blog), it mounts a two core of well 2.35ghz (which are the ones that most fans of work). one of the best selling phones from last year, the samsung a20 (not to mention the a10, oppa a9, redmi7a etc.), is not comparable with its main 1.6ghz cpu, you should try it on a mid-range phone, considering that surely it is the most used band in the android world, according to statistics only 10% of the phones use the latest version of android, the penultimate 42% (many older phones will have been updated to this version) and considering the market Android where it is more used than the competition (South America, Africa and most of Asia) surely there are not many high-priced (therefore powerful) phones. for the internal memory it is more a connection factor, in fact if you notice many games use the low MB installation function and then download other MB later, this is because a lot of the population does not have many GB to use, some are players "of passage "who want to play immediately as it happens with instant games and HTML. if I were you I would test on a mid-range phone, greetings
    You're mixing things around. Core power and proccessors has nothing to due with the RAM usage.
    A game using 300mb of RAM is normal and below avarage. Watching a Video on YouTube could consume more then 300mb RAM. If a user's device can't play an HD video on the YouTube app, I'm fine with them not being able to play my game.

Phones from 4 years back has 2gb of RAM. Even low end ones.

Android handles RAM like magic - automatically. When an app goes active (let alone - on full screen), background apps are getting into sleep mode and use very little RAM, or terminated if necessary. When the RAM is getting close to it's capacity, background apps will be closed automatically.

I've tested it today on crappy old phones and it's working fine, greetings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know ram is not a problem, but what you see on clickteam on your PC is not the same thing I think, and adding a large number of active objects and a non-performing CPU, well, I think in some cases it could give problems. if my PC reported a use of 500 MB of RAM, I think that a non-performing phone with 2 GB of RAM (with low frequency RAM) could have problems. however if it works on low end phones it is very positive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3