User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slow on some devices...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Slow on some devices...

Heya,
    I'm developing a game for Android and PC. It's a platformer.

I've started this with a resolution of 3040 x 1440 - just like my own pixel.

I don't know if it's complexed, but you have platform movement, beutiful graphics with 2 backgrounds parallexed, 6 kinds of bad guys that move in different speeds and behaviors, 3 other animal enemies (fish, bird, spider) and I can have more then one of each and handle them all in loops and id's, many types of pickups and bonuses and visual effects. All in all, I know it should be able to run on Android on lower spec devices...

It works very very well on my Pixel 4XL.
    It's as slow as hell on my wife's Pixel 3a.
    I have a friend who told me it's slow on his Samsugn S9 Plus as well, but I've unticked some "Active out of frame" and "Create at start" since then and it might work well now on his device - I don't know. I didn't know an S9P runs games alot slower then P4XL...

I've read about optimizing for Android.
    Reducing colors to 32K still runs slow on my wife's device.
    I do Create and Destroy qeuit a lot in real time, but I do not clutter the frame with objects - never gets more then 1200 objects, around 200mb.
    Basically 90% of object that is created in real time gets destroyed 1-2 seconds after that.

I've tried recuding to 30fps for Android (seems like it runs 30fps anyhow on my wife's device), but I can't figure out how to change the Platform movement paramteres to give the exact same movement as in 60fps (it's not just multiply everything by 2). Everything else (bad guys, spiders, birds, and so on) I can handle, I think, since I set their X and Y every frame, I wrote their movement.

I am desperate and thinking about building this just for the pc, or paying someone who understand more then me about this to optimize this for android.
    NOTE ! YOU HAVE TO Activate and Deactivate the event groups called "pc water control" and "android water control" before exporting and testing on pc or android accordigly, or else water movement doesnot' work.

exe, apk and mfa with a demo level here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5y0e25xa...WCzqEN_6a?dl=0

If you can make that apk run smooth, I'm sirious, contact me and let's negotiate a price.

If you download, I'd be happy to know how well this runs on your device (Android and PC, as I'm testing this with my very powerful gaming pc and don't know how it works on lower spec PC's).

I hate to just put an mfa out there for download, but I am desperate as mentioned. Please do not abuse this, I've worked hard for 2 months for that.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Can you add a counter inside this game that always show the Frame per seconds , ty
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.
    Files updated in the link above.

I'm getting:

* 50-60 on my Pixel 4 XL,
    * 27-44 on my wife's Pixel 3a, but most of the time it's around the 30's.
    * 8-10 on an old OnePlus a3010 phone I found, that phone runs "Gardenscapes" as smooth as silk.
    * I've a friend with Samsung S10e confirming it works 60fps ok with his device.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added another friend's device to the tests: around the 40's most of the time on a OnePlus 5T.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galaxy S10 - 50-60 with one occasional drop to 40, most of the time 60.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galaxy Tab A 8" 2019 11fps stationary, 8-9fps moving character

For some reason the apks wouldn't complete installing, but installing from the mfa was ok

Screenshot_20200502-151357_ShapeShifter.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Galaxy Tab A 8" 2019 11fps stationary, 8-9fps moving character

For some reason the apks wouldn't complete installing, but installing from the mfa was ok

Screenshot_20200502-151357_ShapeShifter.jpg
    Thanks.

And the font the android font packer was loaded with was not packed successfully on your device...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    FYI, the font you use must be installed in the PC you are going to build. In my case, this font is not present in my windows system
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around 600 events is too much to handle for mid-range mobile devices at 60fps.
    I'm running through the code, disabling events whenever possible... Hope this will cut it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    FYI, the font you use must be installed in the PC you are going to build. In my case, this font is not present in my windows system
    So I'm a little confused - what's the idea behind the Android Font Packer extension then, if not to pack custom fonts on the app?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast