User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what is the best size for all devices

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the best size for all devices

What are the best settings to make an app for all devices? I mean widow size, frame size, android settings. Stretch to fill make a picture awful. fit inside etc give bars. Settings i used in the past are no longer good anymore. Old apk' s....... colors are gone. There must be a good standard? I searched in fusion forum but no good aswer.
    Yhank you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but looking on my phone that has a ratio of 21: 9.7 I see that many games do not fill up on the whole screen, it seems that many use a middle ground, I believe a ratio of 10: 5 with the rounded black corners of the window. I am undecided whether to use the ratio of 21: 9.7 to fill the whole window, the problem is that I have too much empty space and maybe I would have problems showing everything (score and characters) in the phones with 16: 9 ratio. maybe in the end I will use a 10: 5 ratio with the "fit outside" option and the centralization of the window where needed (faulty flap style)
    PS. there is a problem with the "fit outside" option on new phones with high resolutions, but I think it will be fixed soon

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Janpier. All I want to know are settings that are good for most devices. I have samsung S7, my friend has Huawei y6, my neighbour has whatever. It has to work on all devices, whithout borders or stretched pictures. When you do a screensize more than 1024 it is impossible to overvieuw what you are doing in fusion 2.5. The working space don't fit at my computer. If I'm wrong I would like to hear.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use 1136x640 as a base resolution for my games, but I build all of the assets on 1450x850.
    For resizing we use Fit inside and adjust window size.

You need to center the frame on the middle of the bigger resolution 725x425.

So now on whatever aspect ratio your game will display just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Anton.
    I set the window size to 640x1136 (landscape) and the frame size to 850x1450.
    Do you mean allways and then the story board control- scrolling- center?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting, I tried this mode and I have a bit of black border on my Nova 5T at the top, I thought that many games were about 10: 5 because of that black border, but now I think it is related to the settings of view. however with the "fit outside" option it does not stretch the images, the proportions remain the same, but in order not to have the black edges on smartphones you should have a long image, a bit like with this setting, the problem is that in the menu you risk have too many empty spaces if the image is too long (for example having the character and the score at the top and the rest of the image "empty" or having the score too low etc., even if in this circumstance maybe you can move a object based on resolution with some event). fit outside is good for runner, car, scrolling games. try them and see which one is best for you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ineke View Post
    Thank you Anton.
    I set the window size to 640x1136 (landscape) and the frame size to 850x1450.
    Do you mean allways and then the story board control- scrolling- center?
    Sorry for the late reply!
    I do this on every frame, i set project window size to 1136x640 and the virtual size of each frame to 2000x2000, it doesn't matter that's more, just an old habbit i guess.

* Start of Frame
    storyboard controls : Center display at (725,425)

Quote Originally Posted by janpier View Post
    interesting, I tried this mode and I have a bit of black border on my Nova 5T at the top, I thought that many games were about 10: 5 because of that black border, but now I think it is related to the settings of view. however with the "fit outside" option it does not stretch the images, the proportions remain the same, but in order not to have the black edges on smartphones you should have a long image, a bit like with this setting, the problem is that in the menu you risk have too many empty spaces if the image is too long (for example having the character and the score at the top and the rest of the image "empty" or having the score too low etc., even if in this circumstance maybe you can move a object based on resolution with some event). fit outside is good for runner, car, scrolling games. try them and see which one is best for you
    Can you try this game for me and show me if it shows fullscreen(without any black border) on your device? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.writingabcs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, the upper black border with rounded corners, I think it depends on the phone too, because I don't think you made black rounded corners, but on my phone there are, this thing has already been seen with other games, but not all of them (some do not have rounded corners and some famous ones fill the whole screen, but not all)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janpier View Post
    yes, the upper black border with rounded corners, I think it depends on the phone too, because I don't think you made black rounded corners, but on my phone there are, this thing has already been seen with other games, but not all of them (some do not have rounded corners and some famous ones fill the whole screen, but not all)
    Please PM me a screenshot on how it looks on your phone if possible! Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a photo because with the screenshot it showed the right edgesIMG_20200512_213026.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast