User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Need some help testing FPS on different Android devices

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is that your movement events were complex compared to the integrated ones, if I remember correctly you used many position events. the same thing goes for that kind of radar for detecting enemies, I had seen too many calculations when you could simply activate groups of events concerning a specific enemy (activating its movement and some collision events) when your character comes in contact with something, for example a thin vertical wall on another layer, which would be positioned just before and shortly after passing the enemies, so the events would have a fast processing with such simple events. but on which low-end phone did you test your game? optimizing the events (it seems to me that there is another slow one among the first 100) probably on my phone with the main 4core that travel at 1.4ghz you could reach between 50 and 60, certainly it would not make sense to force it to 30, because even if it should go down for a few moments even by 10fps I strongly doubt that the human eye would perceive it, and I am not referring only to my phone, because probably on a phone that has 2GB RAM(but also 1.5) a CPU is mounted with a frequency I think fast enough to run at 50fps stable enough. maybe you had created an event for 30fps that increased the speed of everything, I don't remember, but if yes then maybe the same event could affect the fps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janpier View Post
    the problem is that your movement events were complex compared to the integrated ones, if I remember correctly you used many position events. the same thing goes for that kind of radar for detecting enemies, I had seen too many calculations when you could simply activate groups of events concerning a specific enemy (activating its movement and some collision events) when your character comes in contact with something, for example a thin vertical wall on another layer, which would be positioned just before and shortly after passing the enemies, so the events would have a fast processing with such simple events. but on which low-end phone did you test your game? optimizing the events (it seems to me that there is another slow one among the first 100) probably on my phone with the main 4core that travel at 1.4ghz you could reach between 50 and 60, certainly it would not make sense to force it to 30, because even if it should go down for a few moments even by 10fps I strongly doubt that the human eye would perceive it, and I am not referring only to my phone, because probably on a phone that has 2GB RAM(but also 1.5) a CPU is mounted with a frequency I think fast enough to run at 50fps stable enough. maybe you had created an event for 30fps that increased the speed of everything, I don't remember, but if yes then maybe the same event could affect the fps
    I will change all movements possible to built in movements and supply an apk for you to test on your device (I can apply pinball movement instead of manually changing X's and Y's to other enemies in the game, that does not appear on this level - spiders, birds and fish).
    I'll also play around with the stress test, have it not fail and go to the 30fps limit so easily. I will try to be as exact as possible when determining weather I need to force 30fps or not.

As soon as we stopped dealing with graphics (objects count, object size, resolution etc) and started paying greater attention to events optimization and movements things started going the right way with performance
    You've been very helpful, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're welcome . I initially thought of the graphics because of the posts read, in my game to give me problems were events: Every x sec. = set xRRandom Counter = Create Object. I solved using a "pendulum clock" system where an active object moves towards the top and when "Leave the upper part of the frame" = set Counter RR = Create Object, then that object returns to the original position generating the event all Infinity . and the other thing that could give me problems is due to a semitransparent object that occupies the whole frame (fog, dark), during the sliding of the underlying objects these are likely to cause stuttering (in very poor performance phones with these levels the stutter increases considerably , but they are really slow phones). in my case the problem concerns these fast moving objects, but for now on my wiko it behaves well, but I have to try to get to 170 speed for the objects, with platform games I am not familiar, but I would consider publishing the your game on the Html sites to get conversions to the app and a better raking of the same in the store, maybe even a profit from those sites

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5