User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: multiple touch object no longer works with mouse clicks/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multiple touch object no longer works with mouse clicks/

Hi,
    I am rebuilding an old project that uses the multiple touch object and I noticed that it seems to no longer respond to mouse clicks as touches. I know it used to because the project has been working for a few years now, but does not now. It is not registering that a touch is active when the mouse is clicked. Was this changed recently? It breaks my application which I set up to be used either with touches or mouse clicks. I've attached a simple test file for reference. Built it as HTML5 and you will notice that mouse clicks don't register as active touches, but touches on touchscreen do. Any insight would be great. Is there a fix? Thanks,
    Brett
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brett, I did a html5 build and run and it works as you described in your event editor comments. The blue stays when first clicked with left mouse, the red moves under the mouse arrow with the left mouse button continuously pressed. I'm using the latest build of 2.5+ and ffox. I haven't tested it with smartphone though. Hope this helps narrow your troubleshooting.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you notice the warning when you built the Html5 file? It says that the MultipleTouch object isn't compatible with Html 5. However, in the extension manager Html 5 is listed under MultipleTouch as being compatible???

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, it is in the create new object window for the build type html5 final project. I never got a warning, neither with inserting the multi-touch object, build and run, or final project build.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is strange, I definitely got a warning saying I could build, yet the multitouch would be Ignored. Yet I've tried again and no warning.
    I agree that it's not behaving right though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, and thanks for your comments and help,
    I think I may have figured out what is happening, but I'm still not sure why it has changed. I have a touchscreen laptop and the touch events work when I touch the screen, but not when I click the mouse. I'm thinking that maybe touchscreen laptops don't interpret mouse clicks as touches anymore. It used to work, because the app I'm working on worked well on this touchscreen laptop using mouse clicks or touches before. I tried this on Edge, Firefox, and Chrome, and all had the same behavior: if I touch the screen, it works; if I click the mouse it does not. If you don't have a touchscreen computer, the mouse click still works, right?
    I'm not sure if this is fixable, but I know many people use touchscreen laptops so it is a potentially significant problem.
    And to answer the question about the incompatibility warning, I have not seen that myself ever and I have used multiple touch in several almost all of my HTML5 applications. Certain movements (like drag and drop) don't work in HTML5 unless the multiple touch object is in the application. Any further insight would be great. I wonder if this should be reported as a bug?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I confirm that if the screen is detected as being a touch screen the Multiple Touch object doesn't detect any touch when you click with the mouse. Maybe this was working in previous versions of browsers because the "touch screen" detection was giving incorrect results and/or it doesn't detect it correctly nowadays.

Not sure why this was done like this, I think we can change it and send both a mouse click and a touch event. I'll check with Fernando if there is any possible issue. Maybe also we should add a condition to detect if a given touch is from the mouse, in case you need to handle both mouse click and touches in different events.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for confirming Yves,
    Please let me know if this can be changed and any progress you hear about it. I appreciate it. Thanks,
    Brett

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to detect if multi-touch before a touch is engaged?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ratty,
    I'm not sure if that is possible or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast