User Tag List

Thread: Unknown format - failed to open document

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unknown format - failed to open document

Hi,

Am i right in thinking that if i try opening a file and it comes up with this message and I also rename that files 001 file to end in .mfa and that gives the same response that I've lost what I've done up to that point with no way of recovery? I do have some back ups of previous versions but they're ten days or more older in comparison so would rather not have to redo what i'd done if its possible. I installed some anti virus software this week so wondering if it's potentially done something to the file as have seen on the forums that it's possible they may detect some fusion files as viruses, but i don't know if thats the case for certain.

Many thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think anti-virus programs can detect MFA files as viruses because it's not executable files (anti-virus programs can trigger false positive issues for extensions or runtime files).

If you can send me your file by PM I can try to see what it contains.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think it was strange that the earlier files were working without any issue. I'll send you a PM now. Thanks for the help

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't recover it, its content is destroyed. I don't know what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries. I'm not really sure what happened either, I was using the steam version of 2.5 so not sure what could have gone wrong.. I'll try a file recovery tool and see if that brings anything up. Cheers for trying

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a harddrive that corrupted random files, that could be it...
    I would recommend you keeping your mfas on dropbox (a folder that syncs on your computer), it automatically stores versions so you can recover if something happen