Thread: Lacewing/Bluewing server resources or examples

Clicker Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing/Bluewing server resources or examples

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any resources or examples for creating a Lacewing/Bluewing server in any of the languages: python, C++, C# or java (or any others)?

I'm trying to avoid creating a server in CTF 2.5, and I am looking for some examples or resources to get me started coding a Lacewing/Bluewing server.

Additionally I should ask, I am still assuming that Lacewing/Bluewing is the only way to go with achieving multiplayer in CTF 2.5. However if that's not the case and I am unaware of a newer extension, please let me know.

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open-source C++ server, using Lacewing Blue, no Fusion.*
    Pylacewing, no Fusion.*
    Lacewing Blue Server object does have a lot of automatic processing done outside the Fusion event loop, the auto-deny/auto-allow features, and particularly good if you use the multithreading property. You can read more about using that here.
    The latest test build for that is only accessible on the Clickteam Discord, if you ask for it there.

* = Fusion clients will still work, of course.

Clicker Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are great resources thanks @Phi

What I would really love is a Lacewing/Bluewing C# server, for the following reasons:
    1. I don't want to make a server in C++ because I'm not familiar with it.
    2. I don't want to make a server in Fusion for obvious reasons (overhead, etc).
    3. I would love to make a server in Python, but there's no Lacewing/Bluewing server with Python 3. I think this needs updating.
    4. C# is my favourite language.

Anyone interested in making a C# server for me to get me started? I'm paying.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonyjacob View Post
    2. I don't want to make a server in Fusion for obvious reasons (overhead, etc).
    Bear in mind Bluewing Server was designed to not interact with or wait on Fusion unless told to. If everything is turned on and waits for Fusion, you get performance drops since everything is queued, the requests wait for Fusion event loop to activate the ext and queue to be processed... but if you're not monitoring messages they're handled at pure C++ speed, no bouncing back with Fusion.
    There's also an in-between option where events are handled automatically, but a notification event rather than wait-for-response event is queued with Fusion. There's details and stats on the release thread if you're interested.
    It also features multithreading, so even if Fusion is lagging behind, then the Bluewing server can keep going at its own speed, running all the automatic responses.
    There's Blue test versions with performance improvements/bugfixes on the Clickteam Discord.

3. I would love to make a server in Python, but there's no Lacewing/Bluewing server with Python 3. I think this needs updating.
    Yea, but unfortunately Mathias isn't updating it, he dropped it years back, and I don't know Python well enough to take over.

4. C# is my favourite language. Anyone interested in making a C# server for me to get me started? I'm paying.
    Mine too... and perhaps, but you'd have to talk more about rates with me in private. If you want raw C#, with no external C++ DLL, that'll take months. With C++ DLL, perhaps a few weeks.