User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bug [multitouch object] on phones

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bug [multitouch object] on phones

Assume you have 1 object that has the drag n drop movement active. Now while at runtime create a few more instances of the object on the same positions as the original object (the new instances overlap the original object)

all instances have the drag and drop movement , but if the user taps the phone screen to move the object he sees ( the one on top of the others) the drag and drop behaviour applies to the instance of the object with the lowest fixed id instead (the one created at first) not the one that is on top of the others.
    example :

You have an object number 1
    A new object instance is created on top of it , they have the same x,y
    (object no 2 is overlapping object no 1, the user sees only object no 2 )'
    The user taps his finger to move the object no2
    object no1 is moved instead of object 2 which is on top of object no1

This bug only present when running on phones OR when using the pc and using the mutitouch object thus it is clearly a bug of the multitouch object .

The drag and drop works corrently when running on pc (that means you drag and drop what is on top)

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cancel that , my mistake , there is no bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No there definitely is.

When I use the multi touch object on android (I have samsung one ui v1.0)
    The touch registers way higher than the actual finger press.

I know this because when I make an object follow the multi touch it isn't where my finger is. it works on PC tho

I have fusion 2.5 +

I'm literally in the middle of a 48 hour game making challenge and my app doesn't work because of this. I set the object to center on mouse and it works on android but the multi touch clicks still don't work in the right place.

I'm using fit inside and adjust window

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multi touch bug

Quote Originally Posted by MagicForest View Post
    cancel that , my mistake , there is no bug
    This seems to be the same issue im having

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105807-bug-Multitouch-Object-Is-it-buggy

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my friend i spend more than 30 hours trying to figure out what is going on with the multitouch and the drag and drop movement , i can help you since i found a solution to my problem
    i am not exactly sure what your problem is , can you elaborate on what you are trying to do ?

my conclusions thus far are :
    1. the drag and drop movement works differently for pc and and android
    2. both in pc and phone if there are 2 object one on top of the other and the user click on them the event "when objectx is clicked " triggers twice
    if for example you have 3 instances of the same object one on top of another like a sandwitch the condition "when user clicks on objectx" will trigger 3 times
    3. in android the order of the trigger is different than pc .

its a very VERY complicated and elusive bug , i can post an example here if fernando wants it
    i have managed to overcome this

josm , tell me what you want give me an example and i can help you , i really mastered the multiple touch and drag and drop movement these days

To fernando : It is vital that you add a new feature where the user can have the option to make the "when the user clicks on objectx" condition to trigger ONLY for the first object under the mouse cursor

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    josm i now read more about your problem , please send me an example file and tell me what you what to get done and i will modify it and sent it to you back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just figured it out while making an example file for you.
    definitely a bug.

If the multi touch object is on a layer that is not visible at start, even if you turn it on after start the multi touch object bugs out completely. You can test this and build an APK. Make an object follow the multi touch and make sure there is enough frame to move around in.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    mm why you want to have a multitouch object in a layer?
    @MagicForest To fernando : It is vital that you add a new feature where the user can have the option to make the "when the user clicks on objectx" condition to trigger ONLY for the first object under the mouse cursor

this can not be change since will break other developments.

touches are not associated to any number of objects.

if you are using
    the condition touch # is active on Object X/qualifier it is true if you have a pile of objects under the touch will be true for all object under the touch.

mm about to implement your idea not sure is possible in fusion 2.5 since need to calculate a z-order, I will ask Yves.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i understand, it is partially possible to bypass this problem by using more conditions and pick up the corrent object by using the fixed value of the objects , i did that with and it worked but it was fairly complicated for me to do in my case.

i found the idea for the solution by another user named Werbad
    ==============================
    Put the object in a Group
    User clicks with left button on "Group"
    > Set Global Value A to Fixed("Group")

* Fixed value of "Group" = Global Value A
    > Set Global Value A to 0
    > "Group": Toggle internal Flag 0
    Object with Flag 0 is the correct one to be clicked
    =====================================

, however your idea about z order is not going to work because if you assume that there is is pile of 2 or 3 or x objects on on top of another but the edge of one of those objects is still exposed under the others it will still be not movable since that objects z order will not be the topmost but it will still be visible under the mouse cursor

for example you have a very big object "A" partially covered at 50 % of its surface by another smaller object "B", the correct behaviour in that case it would be that if the user clicks on "B" to move it AND if the user clicks on object "A" in the parts of its surface that is not exposed by object "B" to move it too, that will not be possible with Z order as Z order does not discriminate what is visible to the user

but it IS going to work if clickteam fusion checks each and every object triggered by one specific click and then selects the one with the topmost z order as the only object to be triggered

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josm View Post
    I just figured it out while making an example file for you.
    definitely a bug.

If the multi touch object is on a layer that is not visible at start, even if you turn it on after start the multi touch object bugs out completely. You can test this and build an APK. Make an object follow the multi touch and make sure there is enough frame to move around in.
    wow thats great , josm i didnt think about that one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast