User Tag List

Thread: 2-4 Player Help Needed!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-4 Player Help Needed!

Hello. Every time I have done multiplayer events, I have copied Player 1 events to Player 2, Player 3 and Player 4. There will be too many events.
    Is there a way that I wouldnít have to copy player events to each player individually? (Controls, Collisions, Damage etc.) So that everyone shares the same events.
    Each player has at least Active(for animations and alternate values), Hitbox, PMO and other stuff (I'm making 4 player platforming game).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't ever need to repeat the events in this manner unless the actions/events are unique for each player. Otherwise just have a player qualifier, place the events under the qualifier and use a combination of player ids and foreach loops to target/activate the appropriate player. depending on the complexity of your game, you may need to add additional values and flags.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well qualifiers are somewhat familiar, but Iíve never been familiar with loops/foreach loops/player IDs so I don't really understand about those. Could I have a simple example file of two players?
    Each player is supposed to have at least Active (for animations), Active Hitbox (for collisions), Player Movement Object, Health Counter (alternate value) and different controls for each player (of course).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use foreach's a lot for linking multiple objects eg the shadows, or constructing characters with multiple parts. quick example file
    WizardWar.mfa
    You can see that once i've set up some basic player elements, a lot of the rest is handled using the player qualifier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. This helped some. Now, how can I test alternate values from another object (connected/related to player)?
    When I do events with players alternate values, events works for each player, but I want to use alternate values from another object with Player ID.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. I found/figured out the answers to everything I needed. Thanks for helping (sorry about double post)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing. How can I make "Only one action when event loops" events with "foreach" loops? (events without control pressing for each player).
    "Only One Action..." events works only for one character once.