User Tag List

Thread: Pathfinding between points along avtive object? trail (Mario World map)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathfinding between points along avtive object? trail (Mario World map)

Do we have any examples for moving an active object along a path between points? The end result is essentially the way you move Mario between worlds in the SNES Super Mario World map.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ratty, I think your are referring to the Active objects movement Path in the actives properties menu. Select Path for Type, then Edit movement to add point nodes. You can add and name each node (right click over selected node) as needed, and change speed, and set conditions for each named node etc.

Edit: I don't see an example for the path movement. It is fairly simple
    Edit 2: oh, You can also goto node by name

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not looking for the built-in path movement - Schrodinger wrote an example for me years ago of moving an object from a placed active object to the next placed active object. Have a look at this thread if it's what you're looking for:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/96596-Character-to-move-around-a-shape?highlight=path+movement

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call on the recorded path movements. I haven't used those included movements in ages. Build a quick example making smart use of the Path Movement based on board layout. I'll tighten this up a bit if I use it but thought others may find it helpful.

Board Path Movement Example.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I just used old kik n’ play legacy paths. You draw a bunch (in my case it was dozens, for SMW it might be a hundred) paths and just use events to run different paths depending on where you are and where you’re going. It’s crude but it works and it’s rock solid as far as I’ve experienced.

PS: don’t reorder the paths if you have it wired up already, fusion doesn’t update the events to match the new order (as it references paths internally by number) so you’ll have to do it manually.