User Tag List

Thread: Fusion won't compile DX9+ Effects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion won't compile DX9+ Effects

I've tried to take Looki's "Channel Offset" and simplify it by reducing it to only two parameters.

While the customized effect compiles successfully, I only get DX9 status (not DX9+), and the .hlsl and .fxc files are not created the way they normally do with Looki's original .fx and .xml files.
    Because of this, the custom effect only works in DX9 mode. All I do is reducing the amount of variables and parameters...

From what I can tell, if the code of an Effect is successful the .hlsl and .fxc files should be created automatically once Fusion starts up.

Looki's Effect pack used to install properly, meaning all the DX9+ files were created successfully, but now when I try to install them from scratch again Looki's files only become DX9, and no .hlsl and .fxc files are created.
    I don't know if it's something wrong with the code of my custom effect (the output reads "successfully" according to Fusion), or if this is an actual bug that at some point breaks Fusion from creating the DX9+ files.

Have I missed something?
    Can someone help me explain what might be going on?
    Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't you have to write both versions manually? Unless I missed something I don't think Fusion has an auto-porting feature.
    I haven't converted anything myself but Yves wrote a tutorial on how to go about it here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105504-Converting-DX9-shaders-to-DX11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    Don't you have to write both versions manually? Unless I missed something I don't think Fusion has an auto-porting feature.
    First when installing Looki's effects there were only .fx and .xml files.
    Once I started Fusion the .hlsl and .fxc files were created automatically.

I assume there is an auto-compile feature because I did not create these files.

Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I haven't converted anything myself but Yves wrote a tutorial on how to go about it here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105504-Converting-DX9-shaders-to-DX11
    I have followed that guide, but to no avail. The thing is, Looki's original effect are already DX9+ compatible. All I'm doing is reducing the amount of variables and parameters to two (original is X and Y per RGBA channel, which is 8 parameters in total). There should be no difference really.

However, because Fusion currently refuses to compile DX9+ effects for any effects I add (adding only .fx and .xml), I suspect that something currently breaks whatever process is creating .hlsl and .fxc files.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly it is not that Fusion automatically converts shaders on the fly. The Fusion update installers are packaged with new DX11 versions which has been manually created by Clickteam beforehand. If a DX9 version exists then the updater will unpack the corresponding DX11 version, if there is one. Clickteam adds new ones now and then. Ex: In Build 292.8 Mikhail's Water and Disappear shaders were converted to DX11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's how it works... I presume it identifies scripts by a hash check..?
    Funny thing though that the process of automatically obtaining DX9+ versions of the effects stopped working somehow.
    When this happened the first time I did reinstall Fusion, and it worked again.
    Then it stopped working when I tried my own effects. Not sure what's going on there.

Anyhow, that explains a great deal why my scripts are not turned DX9+ compatible and why I should not expect it to happen automagically
    Thanks for explaining.