Thread: Help understanding spawns and qualifiers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help understanding spawns and qualifiers

Hi,
    Iím having a lot of trouble understanding the inner workings of Fusion. Please help me understand why the disabled code does not work. My project needs several teams of actives. My current plan is for each level; to create 7 teams, then destroy the two or three I donít need for that level. [Iíve already tried creating 3 teams for level 1, then 4 for level 2 and so on; I couldnít get it to work correctly]

This mfa has 7 teams (each team contains an active 1 (yellow), an active2 (rust), and an active 3 (blue). Deactivated Lines 1 to 4 is my original code. The yellow and rust work as expected, but the blue does not. Iím using the ID_Group variable to hold the fixed value of the yellow. Iíll be able to identify Teams with the ID_Group. When I run the original 4 lines; looking at debugger details, it seems that the ID_Group is getting populated. But when I click on a blue active to see what's in the ID_group; the string is not getting populated.

I reworked the code, filling the ID_Group individually on each active, then try to display the value using the group qualifier. Still, not displaying. That line is also deactivated.

Then I display the string individually for each item upon a click, and it works.
    But what am I not understanding? Why does it not work to display using the qualifier? The yellow and rust both work; only the blue doesnít. I created the blue after I had coded for the yellow and rust. Does it matter that I created an active later and then added the active to an existing qualifier group? Thatís the only possibility I myself can think of. Maybe someone here has a better explanation, or maybe Iím overlooking some other subtle issue.

I have another question about this code. Reading on spawning multiple linked objects suggests unchecking ďcreate at startĒ in the object properties. When I uncheck, my output shows nothing, no boxes. I am so confused.

So to recap; it works as is; but Iíd like to know why it doesnít work fully using qualifiers.
    Thank you for your time.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you uncheck create at start - then you would just run your loop from the Start of Frame event. The condition - last object has been destroyed - only triggers once and only triggers when there were objects and the last one was destroyed.

No, it doesn't matter if you add an active in later. The sequence of events matter - but you have that correct.

I changed your 3 actives to not be created at start
    I changed your code to Line 1: Start of Frame, to run loop 7 times
    I activated line 3 and disabled everything else.
    Everything seems to work fine then.

Sorry, I can't figure out why the blue didn't display the string the way you had it - I'm baffled by that too. I could see from the debugger that blue had been correctly allocated the alterable value. I can only guess that it's a conflict with the "last object has been destroyed" condition - because it worked when I removed that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Janette.
    So, I can assume that the destroy "Good group" actives will always work immediately; I don't need to verify all destroyed before creating new teams?
    Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if you destroy something with a qualifier in its own event - then every object of that qualifier will be destroyed before Fusion moves on to the next event.

If the player is destroying them somehow, and you want to verify it - then you can use that command if there's no conditions.

If there are conditions to be met then rather use = compare to the number of x objects ( number of x objects = 0 ) because you can combine that with a condition.