User Tag List

Thread: custom level by player

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

custom level by player

so in my game there are two frames that are connected, one is the customization frame and the other is the custom game. in the customization frame the player can choose up to 2 bad guys for their custom arena, the badguys they choose will have their boxs' outlined with white (which i got working but for only one at a time.) and then when they choose the two badguys the ready button will appear and they'll be taken to their custom arena where they'll fight the chosen badguys. thanks custom.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you see a red condition in your code - it means that the piece of code needs to be the first line - move it there and it will turn green (line 7).
    The white box only works once because you're moving it. In order for someone to select 2 - you need to create an additional white box.
    Your counter had smaller than or equal to 2 - it should be greater than or equal to.

I changed your first frame - streamlined it with qualifiers and by changing the "ready" sign to not be visible from start - attached.

I did not look at frame 2. Did you need any specific help there?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yes, but in frame 1 is there a way i can limit the selection to only 2? and how would i transfer the selected badguys over to frame 2? like if the player choose badguys 1 and 4, how would they spawn in the second frame?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed frame 1 to do the following:

You can select only 2 bad guys, you can freely unselect one and select another. Their selection is saved in global values. I've documented in the .mfa what I'm doing and why

On frame 2 - I changed your enemies section to create the bad guys based on your selection in frame 1 i.e. based on the global values.

There are shortcuts to creating the bad guys but because you've allocated a different time frame to each one - I've done it the long way round.

If there wasn't a difference in how often or when they appear you could do the whole process simpler by just selecting - create object by name and then typing in this: "badguy"+Str$( First Choice Bad Guy ) for the first one
    and "badguy"+Str$( Second Choice Bad Guy ) for the second one.

(First Choice Bad Guy & Second Choice Bad Guy are the names of the global values that I used to store the selected bad guys in from frame 1.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ah thank you for the help, but sometimes in frame 1 the highlighted badguys glitch out and it doesnt always stay on them so i fixed it up a bit and now it works completely. but now it doesnt transfer the data over to the second frame and the selected badguys dont work. im only using two global values instead of five like in your example. i could send the file over if youd like.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've changed the .mfa line 10 - instead of trying to scope to the right white box to delete, I simplified that by deleting it when the user clicks on it. It seems to work now without glitches. In order for that to work you have to tick off the option: use fine detection on the white box object.

Each of your baddies on frame 1 was given an alterable value 1 for baddie 1, 2 for baddie 2 etc. I had manually typed that in. You could also spread a value to automate it.

I use 3 global values - I started at Global Value C because that's where you started so I assumed you were using the first 2 for something else - but if not, you can use them.

The first global value is only used in frame 1 - it controls that you click on 2 baddies.

The next 2 global values are used to store the 2 baddies choices - First Choice Bad Guy and Second Choice Bad Guy. They are used on both frames.

When the user clicks on a baddie selection then the global value is set to the alterable value of that baddie. On the next frame the baddies are created based on the value set in the global value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 thank you for that, but when the badguys start spawning in frame 2 they spawn at the same spawn point instead of the two that are around the frame. like if the player chooses a badguy that spawns on the sides of the frame, there are two spawns on both side (left and right) and the badguys should spawn in both. i've already messed with it but it doesnt really do much aside for an occasional spawn here and there.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The example I sent you they spawn at the spawn points - for example if the first choice is red then it will spawn every 2 seconds from the top spawn and also every 3 seconds from the bottom spawn. It works correctly in that example.

However, I did change the bit of code that says always look at the player so they will always converge on the player and that means they aim for the player.

Also keep in mind you must run the game from the start - frame 1 and then frame 2 for this to work - because if you just run frame 2 then there are no baddies selected and they won't spawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 well for example, when the player chooses badguy2 and badguy4 they both spawn on the right side when they could also spawn on the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 woops nevermind i figured it out lol. thank you so much for your help tho i really appreciate it