User Tag List

Thread: Changing properties of a Global Array

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Changing properties of a Global Array

I'm using an array object across all frames of my application. The values stored in this array needs to carry through all levels/frames, therefore I've ticked the "Global to this application". However, I've tried to change a few things in the array's properties; including XYZ dimensions, behavior, and the name of the array. Unlike Global Objects that update the properties/behaviors and name for the object across all frames, the Array object does NOT sync these changes onto the other frames. How is "Global to this application" useful, when it does not sync the object? Will it mess up the code if the same array is out of sync/has different properties or names in other frames?

I'd really appreciate an explanation on how this works, and possibly a solution to this. I ought to make some changes in the Array's behavior, and copying and pasting the behavior in each frame is extremely daunting.

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tobias, i'm not an expert of global array, but I just think if you put the array object in every frame and if at the end of level you save array into a file and at start at the next level you loading the array, there is no problem.
    I'm not using global array before, but i'm intresting to understand better how it works

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The "Global" property in the Array object is used at runtime only.

Only the non-extension objects (Active, Counter, String for example) have a "Global object" property that allows to sync object properties both in the editor and at runtime.

Given the structure of Fusion 2.5 adding a Global Object option for extensions was not safe originally. Maybe now we could add it for some objects that can support it (like this one).

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @Yves for the explanation.

I am in huge favor of making more objects global. I can speak for myself, as well as several others; that a more "globalized" approach to building apps/games in Fusion would be very beneficial.

My current project, and likely future projects as well, have its many levels built as separate frames, contrary to having levels stored and loaded as an array. The Fusion 2.5+ DLC was a big game changer for me, just on the fact that I could include groups in global events as well as object behaviors. This way my app is completely run from global events instead of individual frame events, that painstakingly had to be manually updated each time I made a change in the events.

I would love to see this streamlined approach developed further, such as adding objects to one frame, that will apply to all frames on runtime, without the necessity of having them present in the frame editor of each frame.

What do you think of this approach, and are you adding solutions like this to further updates/Fusion 3?

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen