User Tag List

Thread: TMP files keep getting deleted...

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TMP files keep getting deleted...

For some reason, I've recently started to get errors in fusion when .tmp files are getting deleted for some reason. It happens randomly, and suddenly the issue pops up and then I cannot save, cannot copy or edit objects, cannot do anything but to just close the project and re-open it. It's starting to get really annoying as it can happen at any time, and if I don't save after each edit, I can potentially suddenly lose lots of work. It takes so much extra time and is really frustrating.

I have disabled the Storage thing that deletes tmp files automatically, but that didn't fix the problem. So does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

If not, is there a way to convert to the Steam version? I've heard the Steam version doesn't have the problem. At this point I'm starting to just cash out the Steam version because this issue sometimes makes Fusion literally unuasble. I've now this past 30 mins alone tried to just clone an object and edit it into something else... and I haven't been able to because this issue keeps popping up. I can't work like that.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you have an anti-virus program or a cleaning program that would run in the background and could do this? (not sure what's the Storage thing you're talking about)

As a user suggested the next update patch will have a new preference that allows you to set up your own temp folder. Hopefully this will fix it.

The Steam version won't fix the problem on your machine, another user had the same issue with this version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I have an anti-virus that causes this. Or, it may be, as I don't know for sure.

What is apparently running in the background is Norton, and Windows Security. Both came with the computer when I bought it. There is also something called Acer Care Centre, but not sure exactly what this is.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, apparently they say that Acer Care Center has a disk cleaner. Maybe there is an automatic cleaning option and it's ON?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Do you know when the next Fusion update is coming, btw? That includes this new feature?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WwwWario View Post
    Perhaps. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Do you know when the next Fusion update is coming, btw? That includes this new feature?
    Hopefully next week as beta version.