User Tag List

Thread: Random Number command seem to be broken on 1 specific object...

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Number command seem to be broken on 1 specific object...

Hi!

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I seem to have an issue with the "Random(N)" command.

I have a whole lot of objects that get set to a random set of numbers at the start of the frame. Often between 3 different numbers. This seems to work fine with all objects. Except one of them.

One of them has the following event: "Set Alterable value A to 19 + Random(3)". This should set the value to 19, 20 or 21. But I noticed this object specifically ONLY lands on 21. I've checked over and over for like 15 minutes now, restarted the frame and tried. And not once has it not landed on 21. The odds of that happening are insanely low, so I must be doing something wrong.

Any idea what it can be? Can it be too many objects are getting random numbers at once?

EDIT: I tried to remove the "Set Alterable Value A to X + Random(N)" from all other objects except this one. And now it suddenly works. But putting it back on everything else, the problem returns. Can this mean it's because too much is happening at once or something? And if so, is there a workaround/fix for this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could replace the Random(N) action with RRandom(1,3) or whatever min/max numbers you prefer.