User Tag List

Thread: Uploading textures at runtime?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uploading textures at runtime?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm pressed for time and didn't do much research.

Is it possible to load textures into the material cache during runtime, and not using the properties tab? I wanna make sure it loads "Apppath$\Textures\'image.png'" so the game can be installed on any location on a computer.
    Alternatively, does Firefly/Clickteam already handle that and that's not something I need to worry about?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprayerdude220 View Post
    Sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm pressed for time and didn't do much research.

Is it possible to load textures into the material cache during runtime, and not using the properties tab? I wanna make sure it loads "Apppath$\Textures\'image.png'" so the game can be installed on any location on a computer.
    Alternatively, does Firefly/Clickteam already handle that and that's not something I need to worry about?
    if you look in the manual @ http://library.clickteam.com/firefly/firefly-material-cache-object/

you will see the command Load Image from file - Using an image selection dialog or a expression manually display a external image in the material slot

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, that's exactly what I needed, thanks a lot!