User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smooth steps using Platform Movement Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smooth steps using Platform Movement Object

Hi,

I have used the PMO for my game Alien Scumbags which has been great, but the issue I have found is that the movement is very jerky on steps, anything I can do to fix it?

This is how it looks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need to add an invisible collider that has a ramp similar to the ramps in this image.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for coming back to me, ok would that not stop the illusion of it being stairs? Have you tried it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if you have a ramp collider the hitbox collides with and the appropriate step-up value in the PMO extension, it will be a smooth transition. Then, just remove the stairs collision for your player sprite/hitbox so it isn't as sudden of a drop each step.

Here's how I'm doing it in my game. I have three layers for the main playfield.

Topmost layer = Graphics that covers my gray blocks.
    Middle layer = Player hitbox and sprite and my grayblocks that are the obstacles for ramps and such.
    Backmost layer = Stair graphics that give the illusion of depth and the player is walking up.

In this example, the only thing the player's invisible hitbox is colliding with is the gray blocks. The stairs themselves are just graphics that have no collisions added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC62...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Yes, if you have a ramp collider the hitbox collides with and the appropriate step-up value in the PMO extension, it will be a smooth transition. Then, just remove the stairs collision for your player sprite/hitbox so it isn't as sudden of a drop each step.

Here's how I'm doing it in my game. I have three layers for the main playfield.

Topmost layer = Graphics that covers my gray blocks.
    Middle layer = Player hitbox and sprite and my grayblocks that are the obstacles for ramps and such.
    Backmost layer = Stair graphics that give the illusion of depth and the player is walking up.

In this example, the only thing the player's invisible hitbox is colliding with is the gray blocks. The stairs themselves are just graphics that have no collisions added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC62...ature=youtu.be
    My god your game is stunning!!! Well done!
    I took into account doing background graphics, what do you think to this? (This section is dark but hopefully you can still see)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. It’s been a lot of work.

It’s a bit tough to tell by the photo. Do you have something in motion to see the movement better?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. It’s been a lot of work.

It’s a bit tough to tell by the photo. Do you have something in motion to see the movement better?
    Did you do all the artwork too? I will get some footage to you tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a software called Daz 3D and various assets available for it. Though, a lot of stuff has been custom textured or modified in some way from the stock assets to suit my needs and I still have to modify in Photoshop for tilesets, etc. There are also some custom assets we've commissioned to be custom made, such as the outfit for the main player sprite. Everything is lit and animated in this program and pre-rendered, like Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a software called Daz 3D and various assets available for it. Though, a lot of stuff has been custom textured or modified in some way from the stock assets to suit my needs and I still have to modify in Photoshop for tilesets, etc. There are also some custom assets we've commissioned to be custom made, such as the outfit for the main player sprite. Everything is lit and animated in this program and pre-rendered, like Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country was.
    That is seriously impressive, gotta love the pre-rendered stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    I wanted to do pixel art, but I suck at art. It was much easier for me to learn how to animate and do everything as pre-rendered graphics. Took a while to wrap my head around it, but it eventually became 2nd nature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast