User Tag List

Thread: Samples for commercial projects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samples for commercial projects

Hi, im wondering if i can use the samples of the software for games intended for sale? or they are only for testing a game? what happens if an other the same music or samples in one of his project?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Clickteam fails to spell that out in any license. Their distribution agreement only grants a license for code snippets and nothing else. However, they're unlikely to sue you for using it - unless your game goes viral and you make millions - but if that happens you'll be able to afford lawyers :-)

Use it, don't worry about it, if someone else makes the exact same choices as you then you're not making a very original game and probably not so many people will play it, so they're unlikely to notice.

Interestingly enough, their documentation is only concerned about the misuse of their logo and that it isn't allowed to be changed - but then when people change it and post up that in the forums the reaction they get is - oh that's very nice, and NOT - oh, you're not allowed to change it. Fascinating.

(You can find a treasure trove of free content over at itch.io - that spells out in their license agreements that they're free for commercial use etc.)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @ALEXIUS , you can use individual elements (images, objects, sounds) from examples and libraries provided with Fusion, no problem. However you cannot take an example provided with the product and release it "as it is" without significant changes. Your game must be significantly different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok for my next big project i think i will have to put different sound effect and music or modified one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going for an old school / lo-res thing try this-

https://www.bfxr.net/

I use this all the time and it's honestly amazing what you can come up with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEXIUS View Post
    Ok for my next big project i think i will have to put different sound effect and music or modified one.
    I just see maybe I haven't been clear enough. You can use the sound samples from the library (or example games) in your own game without modifying them, no problem at all, they are royalty free.

What I meant in the second part was that you can't take a full example game like Chocobreak or Zeb, build the EXE without doing significant changes and publish it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I just see maybe I haven't been clear enough. You can use the sound samples from the library (or example games) in your own game without modifying them, no problem at all, they are royalty free.

What I meant in the second part was that you can't take a full example game like Chocobreak or Zeb, build the EXE without doing significant changes and publish it.
    Yeh i already knew, i cant put a game example as a finished game and show it and make a profit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_Duio View Post
    If you're going for an old school / lo-res thing try this-

https://www.bfxr.net/

I use this all the time and it's honestly amazing what you can come up with.
    Nice one! I was using sfxr. This seems more capable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonniss usually releases a free bundle of sound effects and samples to use in games as well every year for Game Developers Conference since 2015. They haven't done one this year (yet, I assume, since GDC was cancelled), but there's heaps of free sound effects in those packs as well, about 105GB over the last 5 years. I've compiled them into a twitter thread, they're all hosted on the sonniss website, except the first one for some reason which they posted on reddit