User Tag List

Thread: Binding Gampad Inputs w/ Joystick 2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Binding Gampad Inputs w/ Joystick 2?

For my game I have inputs set up with player-binded keys saved to an ini file (Up, Down, Left Right, Jump, Fire, etc.) and the Control X object reads the ini values. (keys are saved as strings and loaded to the alterable strings of an active object and the control x object reads those)

Want I want to do now is do basically the same thing but save player-set gamepad inputs (buttons and POV values) into the ini file as well. The first problem I ran into was saving the last button or POV pressed into the ini file and then disabling the ability to bind the button or POV again when set. The second is being able to translate the button presses to "keystrokes" that the control X object can read.

I previously used the Xbox Gamepad object and it worked fine, but I want more people with different gamepads to be able to play my game without any third party softwares. Anyone know how I should go about this? It was kind of difficult phrasing my question, but I'll be happy to try and rephrase it if need be.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a big problem with detecting different gamepads in my last game. I'd like to know how to handle this better as well, not everyone uses a 360 gamepad (but they should!)

I'd love LOVE a better built-in way to detect and support different gamepads in Fusion 3 or a future update of 2.5. This would be so helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I finally got a binding system to work with just about any controller.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please share

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    Please share
    Sure thing, here you go.

The example utilizes the text blitter object to display text, so if you don't have that just add it through the extension manager. After running the application once, an ini file will be created in the MMFApplications folder.

The example requires that you set keybinds before controller binds, since it essentially functions as a Joy-to-Key system. Controllers you can bind are solely limited to what Joystick 2 will accept as a gamepad. POV and Left Stick are auto-binded to Up, Down, Left, and Right, but you can easily change that is you desire. I'm sure I missed something with this example so please give feedback!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I'll check it out