Understanding MFA vs EXE file sizes

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • My MFA project file is currently 875MB and when I build the Windows executable (Direct3D9 in 2.5+ for shader compatibility) both the uncompressed and compressed .exe's are exactly 1GB in size. I only have some extensions, a handful of shaders and a couple TTF fonts that are built into the exe - no other binary data that the MFA itself wouldn't hold. I am using the "Optimize image size in RAM" option.

I know Fusion has a 2GB file size limit, so I'm concerned that I may hit that by the time I finish this project even though I'm optimizing like crazy with the power of 2 for images, etc. I'm trying to understand the jump in 125MB from MFA to EXE.

EDIT: Didn't realize I posted in the Paid Design section. Please lock. I'll start a different thread.

Please login to see this link.

Edited once, last by piscesdreams (June 9, 2020 at 4:11 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!