User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrolling the level very much affects the FPS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Scrolling the level very much affects the FPS

I created a platformer on Android, but scrolling the level very much affects the FPS (on medium and weak devices). Levels use obstacles (Active objects) and backgrounds (Backdrop objects and Quick backdrops). This problem manifests itself precisely during the runtime of Android.

How can this be prevented or corrected? The game is too simple to be so slow..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How large are your quick backdrops? That’s probably part of the issue. Android really needs graphics to fit within the power of 2 rule. Once we know the size of your quick backdrops, we can go from there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    How large are your quick backdrops?
    I have divided the background into 600x700 squares. But I have level without big backdrops, only platforms and small backgrounds in the form of walls, divided into squares 163x146 and there the game is slow too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, I had discussed this with a guy who was programming a platform game, I think it can help you
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/107410-Need-some-help-testing-FPS-on-different-Android-devices

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that comes to my mind is, maybe if you use physics, try in the physicsObjectProperties to uncheck; - add backdrop objects to the world - create projectiles in the physical world - insert non physical objects in the world. From my experience it makes big difference, especially if you have a lot big non physical actives backdrops etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    One thing that comes to my mind is, maybe if you use physics, try in the physicsObjectProperties to uncheck; - add backdrop objects to the world - create projectiles in the physical world - insert non physical objects in the world. From my experience it makes big difference, especially if you have a lot big non physical actives backdrops etc.
    You are right, but unfortunately I need non-physical objects and backdrops, since I use them as a obstacles. I unchecked the bullets only

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a physics object uncheck everything just for a test and put it on your phone and look at the fps closely, so you know for sure it is not the issue, i had the same issue in the past for me it was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Manuel, I was able to slightly raise the FPS. But overall, it’s still slow. Perhaps due to the number of active-obstacles (400-1800)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Android I'd advise you 'delete created backdrops at' when they scroll offscreen, and similarly recycle active objects as much as you can. It may require a re-implementation of your scrolling system, however.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your images of 163x146 are rounding up to the next power and using the memory equivalent of a 256x256 image. It may help to slice these down into images of smaller powers of 2. Unfortunately the difference would be an image of 35x18, which would use the equivalent of 64x32 in memory for that also. You would need to slice it down into smaller parameters so it isn't using extra memory.

The image of 600x700 is using the equivalent of 1024x1024 worth of memory. You would need to do a 512x512 image and then the difference in smaller images to optimize performance and RAM a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast