User Tag List

Thread: Seamless Transitions and Looping Sound?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seamless Transitions and Looping Sound?

Hi, I'm making a point-and-click-style car escape game. I have multiple frames. Each frame is one view, (e.g. Menu, Center, Right, Left, etc..), and I have buttons for navigation that jump to the next proper frame. First, a little while ago I wanted to have a transition, for when a navigation button is clicked to go to whatever the proper next frame would be. After adding them in, I noticed that it wouldn't seamlessly transition, it would have to load first. I looked this up. I found a forum post, and someone suggested adding in the images in the first frame and check Preload before frame, or something like that. I tried it, and it didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Second, I also have background music, using a Direct Show. The first frame of the game, besides the menu, the first gameplay part of the game that loads up, that frame, I've called Center. I originally had a full song, then made it loop in the game. I had it load, and play on the Center frame. I set it to Global. Anyways, it would loop, however as soon as I switched to a different view, ( / frame), it would stop looping.
    So then I just edited the audio file itself, trimmed it to the point I wanted it to, and then added it back in. I'm pretty sure I looked up and found another forum post for this, too. I'm pretty sure it said to use Play Music with Loop, or something like that.
    I chose Play Music File With Loop, I think. I set it up, and it worked. However, first of all, it would seem to have a delay each time the audio ended, before looping again, a slight, maybe, probably less than half second delay, but still noticable. I had played back the audio file as a loop even when I was trimming it down, and it sounded fine. So is there a way to fix this? Secondly, as soon as I went back to the center view, it would start over the audio file, from the beginning. It would still loop, but you could tell it started over. Is there a way to fix this?
    Also, I have a different song playing for the Menu, so I can't just load and play the game background music from there, unless there is a way to do that, properly.

Anyways, is there a way to get this to work properly, to both loop seamlessly, and not start from the beginning once you go back to the center view? And, is there a way to make those frame-jumping transitions seamless?

Thanks!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, now it won't even play the audio music file.

Update:
    I found another forum post and I was able to fix it based off of what was given in that / the specific post.

I still need help with the first part though.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any idea?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still wondering...