User Tag List

Thread: Only one object effected by qualifier events

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only one object effected by qualifier events

So, I'm using qualifiers to group several objects together, but when I run events on those qualifiers, only one object is effected.

For instance, I have a loop which sets the Alterable Value A of group.collectibles to a random value, so that all items in that group should have random values. But only one object actually gets a random value, while the rest have the same number in runtime as in the editor. even if I do a "for each" loop this still happens.

I had the same problem when it came to Alterable Strings, where I tried to check if a certain object had the same string as a group. This only worked with the group object that was last created (in the editor). Meaning that the runtime only checked for the last created object in that group, and not the other ones.

I've never had this problem before, and have done similar operations in the past. But for some reason, if I group objects with a qualifier, the runtime only checks the last created object...

Anyone know what might be the problem? I tried searching it on the forums, but couldn't find anything. I'm using the developer version, from Steam. I've verified the files and still have this problem.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe something about scoping.

https://www.sprykegame.com/volblog/w...team-fusion-25

Please post your mfa......

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I realized that the problem seems to be because I create objects from the same qualifier group in the runtime. i do however do this after the loop of random values.

I tried removing the qualifier from the tree object, and then it worked like I wanted. But then the problem is that the trees won't be part of that group (which they don't seem to be even if I leave the qualifier).

Cleaned the .mfa to only show this problem. My working .mfa is filled with other events and such not related, so I left that out.

So my question now is why the values aren't randomized before the trees spawn? Is it because the two loops share the same event?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RailedRobin View Post
    So my question now is why the values aren't randomized before the trees spawn? Is it because the two loops share the same event?
    Yes. For-Each loop often fires after all actions in the same event are executed.

You can check the "Scoping and forEach loops" section in the link I posted above, where volnaiskra explained this.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    Yes. For-Each loop often fires after all actions in the same event are executed.

You can check the "Scoping and forEach loops" section in the link I posted above, where volnaiskra explained this.
    Ah, I did a bit of reading in the link, but missed the forEach. Well, I still find it a bit odd how my events work, but I'll guess it's solved for now. Will have a better look at my other chain of events (not in the mfa) later, to see if it's the same deal there.

Thanks!