User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: enemy not working right

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enemy not working right

so in my game i have an enemy named "badguy10" and i have him only working if the player selects him in the customization frame. but when i dont even select him he still appears and does his thing. i did whatever i could but it didnt work. so if anyone could check it out it will help a ton! thanks cusgame.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the tick from the block: "Create at Start" - then the badguy won't automatically be created.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 well, the badguy isnt being created its just being activated. like, the other badguys are created but hes just moving from side to side

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a block ticked: Create at start, so he is being created regardless of whether he is selected.

Then your default values are zero so line 86 will always trigger. So he's (a) going to be created (b) always going to move.

I'm confused then, what are you asking for help with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i'm trying to make him start moving when selected and to not move when he is. like, if the player doesnt select him hes paused and when he is selected, he starts moving.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option A:

Untick the create at start button

Then insert:

* Start of Frame
    + Bad Guy Chosen 1 = 10
    New Objects : Create badguy10 at (-162,235) layer 2

* Start of Frame
    + Bad Guy Chosen 2 = 10
    New Objects : Create badguy10 at (-162,235) layer 2

Which will create the object only when it's needed i.e. when it's selected. You don't have to do anything further.

Option B:

Move lines 82 - 98 into a group. Right click on the group - and untick the block "active when frame starts"

Now instead of creating the events as with Option A - you activate the group by inserting this code near the top of your frame:

* Start of Frame
    + Bad Guy Chosen 1 = 10
    Special : Activate group "Bad Guy 10"

* Start of Frame
    + Bad Guy Chosen 2 = 10
    Special : Activate group "Bad Guy 10"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ok so i went with option B and did everything you said and it worked with badguy10 not appearing when not selected but now he doesnt even appear and the other badguys only spawn once and not again. heres the edited file: cusgame.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to activate a group outside of the inactive group.

You had replaced all the commands for badguy 10 with a Robot character - so nothing for badguy 10 would work because it no longer had any code.

The others spawn multiple times by me - well I only tested 2 and they did.

Changed file attached.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ah yeah badguy10 is supposed to be a robot in the final version i guess i accidentally put that in there. but for the other badguys they only seem to spawn once when badguy10 is selected and never again. but i did notice that when you choose badguy10 first, the other badguy you chose doesnt even spawn at all

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BadGuy9 doesn't have the qualifier - bad apple - so it will only work right when you include that.

Your spawn toggle isn't working correctly. When there are 2 then they both toggle it - and then it works. But when there's only 1 baddie toggling it, (because badguy10 doesn't toggle it) - then it doesn't work and it stays off - there isn't an additional object to switch it on.

The easiest solution was to also have object badguy10 toggle it - I've attached an example - but I think this creates the objects too fast.

Your other alternative would be to rewrite that section a different way - so that each badguy has its own switch / toggle and they're not all using the same one.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast