User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: spike walls overlap each other

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spike walls overlap each other

the spikes sometimes go through each other and overlap. i dont know why it does this, i even put in a code to make sure sure if they do that they'd separate. it doesnt happen all the time but it does sometimes. the code is between the yellow lines, and some other one are in the group "Move Safely". thanks collision spikes.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried it 10x and they didn't overlap.

So what else are you doing when they overlap, what are you pressing?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i dont press anything. sometimes i just stand in one spot or i move a little to the side. i have a screenshot of it happening to me. vdvdv.png it doesnt happen all the time, im not entirely sure why it happens it just does.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you - but unless I can consistently create it for myself, I can't figure out what's going wrong and it's not happening by me.

A collision event is tested only once and then Fusion waits for the object to move or something to happen before testing it again - so you could try it again using an overlap condition instead of the collision event and see if that stops it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I see you are using Bouncing Ball movement for your spike walls. Perhaps instead try the eigth direction movement, since there appear to be no bounce events. Just and idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 if you go right and up a little bit you might see it happening. im not 100% sure but it seems to be doing it a lot over there. and if i do the overlap condition it does it more for me. or just move around a bunch or push yourself into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @twister how would an eight direction movement work? i just tried and it doesnt really do anything for the spike walls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 also, i just noticed that the line that causes this is 47. if you deactivate it then it stops them and they never overlap. but the only problem is that the player just stay in between them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, there are some settings. In this case you'll have to set the action movements for speed, direction and start for a condition, and then stop when collision is triggered. The deceration properties should be zero otherwise it won't start. There is a learning curve. I find the eight direction easier for simplier movements. But there are many ways to create a movement.

On line 47; have you tried collision instead of overlapping?

On line 47; try adding the OR Operator (logical or filtered) between the two events. One may work for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @twister i tried doing the eight direction thing and it didnt really work, i set the direction for the top spike wall to go down and even set the speed and such. im not really sure how to give it that automatic movement though, and for the other suggestions, i tired those and they still overlapped.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast